Chapter Twenty-Six: To The Subway

|| Chapter Twenty-Six: To The Subway ||

We had two hours before the show and we were all sitting around doing nothing overly productive. I was editing the video and all the boys were on their phones. I’d edited the video so that the after-video ending was Luke spitting out makeup remover, Mikey crying because he had to get rid of it, Ashton wincing because apparently the remover ‘burns’ and Calum squishing his face to make it difficult for Lou. Giovanna had visited. The boys had done their interview and I’d stayed upstairs, watching from the window whilst drinking coffee. I felt very evil. I wanted to know why she took two days to show up. The boys returned after about twenty minutes and went back to their phones.

“I’m hungry.” I announced. All the boys looked at me before looking between themselves.

“So are we.” Ashton spoke up.

“Is there are Maccas nearby?” I asked them.

“I think there’s a Subway.” Luke answered and I gawked at him.

“Heck yeah. I’m up for that. Who wants some Subway?” I stood up, slamming my laptop shut. They all lazily murmured their agreement and I stood up, grabbing my wallet. “Either you’re coming with or writing you order down for me. Otherwise you’re getting nothing.” Ashton and Michael walked over to me while Calum and Luke went back to their phones. I rolled my eyes and was about to walk away before I got a text from Luke, which turned out to be his order. Same story with Calum. “Ok guys see you in a bit.”

I shut the door and Ashton and Michael led the way to the side door. We were screamed at as we walked down the street, away from the venue and Ashton decided to Keek.

“Hi! I’m here with Mikey, and this little thing.”

“Hey!” I cried back which made him chuckle lightly.

“We are off to get some Subway because we are hungry and it’s healthier than Maccas. Oh and our show is in two hours so no Maccas in that time frame.” He turned to me and I waved. “No say bye.” He whispered.

“Byeeee! Today’s video should be up so go watch it!” I smiled. Ashton turned the camera to Michael.

“Bye!” He yelled.

“Stay sexy fam.” Ashton winked before ending it.

“I’m really hungry.” I sighed.

“Yeah we already know that Carrie.” Mikey sighed.

“But I am. You have no idea.”

“You have no idea what we’re like when we’re hungry.” Ashton added.

“If you’re anything like Alex, you’re absolute monsters.” I laughed and they seemed to agree. A bell situated above the door announced our arrival to the empty restaurant but the servers looked up.

“We should get our own food, eat it and then get Luke and Cal’s.” Ashton said.

“Why would we do that?” I asked him.

“Because they’re rude for asking you to get them food when they’ll just sit on their butt on their phone until they call us for the show.”

“Hmmm. You have a point, but we won’t have enough time.” I whispered.

“Sure we will.” Ash smiled. “Wait why are you whispering?”

“I have legitimately no idea.” I replied, feeling more stupid than usual.

“Seriously? You’re an idiot.” Ash walked up to the counter and began ordering.

“I’m with him, you’re an idiot.” Mike said as he walked past me to give his order. I pouted at his back which I now realised was incredibly skinny. His shoulder blades stuck through his shirt like spears and I couldn’t stop staring. Normally I went for the guys with decent muscle tone, kind of like Calum or Ashton but those two had proven that they were more brotherly figures than possible boyfriends. I never really noticed the stringy kids, apart from Luke. How the heck do you not notice him? But Michael was so skinny, but he was so comparable to a bear that you look past his bony physique and look to his caramel centre. I think he caught me staring because I saw a huge grin creep up on his face so I mockingly scowled and ordered my sub.

“A 6-inch lemon and herb chicken please on multigrain.” I ordered.

“I’ve got a foot long one.” Michael said quietly to me. “Oh and a I got a foot long sub too.” He started laughing and I tried to scowl but ended up smiling through it.

“You’re alright Clifford.” I mumbled as I ordered my salads of lettuce, tomato, capsicum and cucumber. By the way he slung his arm around my shoulders, I guessed he heard me.

“You guys are cute.” The girl making my sub smiled at us.

“Oh we’re no-”

“Thanks.” Michael interrupted and hugged me tighter. I looked at him and the look he was giving me said ‘Play along or I swear I will eat you.’ I didn’t really want to be eaten so I hugged him before I pushed him off to grab a coke from the fridge and set it on the counter. “You drink too much Coke.”

“There’s no such thing as ‘too much Coke’.” I argued as I paid for the three subs and mine and Ashton’s drinks.

“Then you wouldn’t mind if I-” Michael picked up my Coke and drank almost a third of the bottle. I just gaped at him.

“You twat!” I whacked his arm and he set the bottle back on the bench before smiling at me, his mouth full of my Coke. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the food and sat at a table outside with Ashton. When Michael came to sit down I decided to play game I’d witnessed with these two very people. “You can’t sit with us.”

“What?” He laughed.

“You can’t sit with us.”

“Why not?”

“You’re not cool enough. Only the cool kids can sit here.”

“And what makes you cool?”

“When you combine Carrie and Ash, you get Cash. What’s cooler than Cash?” I rolled my eyes for dramatic effect before taking a swig of my Coke. “What the hell is Cichael?” I said sarcastically at Ashton who was just shaking his head in amusement.

“I try so hard to be perfect for you.” Michael fake-cried. “So hard, and this is how you treat me?” I rolled my eyes like a Mean Girl and sipped on my Coke.

“Food. There. Me. Hungry. Eat.” I began eating my sub and Mikey stood behind the spare chair as if asking my permission. “Sit down.” I said but since I had a mouthful of bread and chicken and salad I think it sounded more like ‘Mi mow’ which sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I finished my sub fairly quickly and remembered I needed to get Calum and Luke’s dinner as well so I unlocked my phone and opened the texts.

“Back again?” The same girl smiled at me.

“Yeah.” I laughed. I gave Luke’s order and she looked at me weirdly before completing it and I started giving Calum’s order. She kept looking at me weirdly and I couldn’t figure out why.

“Are these both for you?” The girl asked and I shook my head.

“Have you heard of a band called 5 Seconds of Summer?” I asked.

“No and you’re not from around here. Where are you from?”

“I’m Australian. And I suggest you look the band up. You might recognise a couple of the band members.” I smiled and left. “Let’s go.” I said to Ashton who was just sitting at the able on his phone. Michael had two more bites left and I was staring at the space between his eyebrows, hoping it would hurry him up. It did. He finished his sub in one bite and stood up. He handed me the coke bottle which had basically half a mouthful left and I knew that he’d drunk it all so I just handed it to him.

“Hell yes! Free Coke!” Michael cheered.

“Simmer down Mr Noodle. It’s the last free Coke you’ll ever get.” I attempted to be sassy but just sounded like a bitch, so I sped up my pace and walked the rest of the way about three steps in front.

*************************************************************

Apologies for the schisse quality. But thanks for sticking by me! Have a wonderful week and we'll speak soon.

- Nadia