Case 01.3

A/N: the following chapter is literally shit...yeah...that is all
______________________

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING, THERE IS A FOOTAGE OF YOU TAKING PAPERS AND PUTTING THEM IN THE SHREDDER." Rowoon watched Victoria through the interrogation room's window as she shouted at Jae-woo. Jae-woo rested his face in his palms, he groaned and then joined the shouting contest. "WHEN I GOT THERE HE WAS SLEEPING, I ONLY WANTED TO DESTROY THE PAPERS." Victoria ran her hand in her bangs making them even more messy. "SLEEPING? HE WAS FUCKING DEAD. ARE YOU BLIND OR SOMETHING?" Jae-woo was on the edge of crying, he rubbed his right eye before shouting again. "IT WAS DARK, I WAS SCARED. WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME?" Victoria sat down on her chair, "There is this persian story in which a boy keeps lying to the villagers about the wolves attacking the sheeps. when the wolves really attacked, he asked the villagers for help but none of them believed him and all of his sheeps died. That's where you are right now, how can I believe you when you lied to us earlier in the cafeteria," Jae-woo was now really crying, "look, believe me I didn't kill him. When I got there, he was in his bed. I took the papers and once they were shredded, I took them outside and threw them away. I really didn't want sunbae to reveal the tax frauds the company has been doing. If he did that, he could destroy our lives. But I would never kill him, I can't even kill a bug." Victoria sighed "But I have a feeling his wife did it, Sunbae had a life insurance and if he died, his wife could get all those money." Victoria turned to look at the mirror knowing Rowoon is watching on the other side. "How much are you talking about?" She asked frowning, "I'm not sure but we are talking about millions of dollars."

The door of the interrogation room opened to reveal Zuho, the analyst, who was holding a paper. "I just checked, he is right, He has $100,000 insurance money." Victoria skimmed through the paper, "this doesn't mean you're guilty, you broke in his house and stole documents." She explained as she walked out of the room leaving Jae-woo to cry his eyes out. Rowoon walked up to her and zuho, "What do you think detective?" Victoria was nervously chewing on her lips, "I don't know, I need to talk to the wife." Rowoon nodded. Jungkook joined the three "Detective...Jae-woo's lawyer is here." She nodded rubbing her face, "Thank you Officer Jeon."

While Victoria was dealing with the angry lawyer, Rowoon noticed a woman who walked in through the front entrance. Her face looked as if she is disgusted. She was wearing expensive clothes, once she took her glasses off Rowoon immediately recognised her. "Detective nim! The wife is here." Victoria shushed the lawyer as she was following the wife with her eyes. The woman walked to Jungkook at the front desk, "I'm here to speak to a detective." Jungkook who was confused coughed "Ma'am we have so many detectives, please give me their name?" He asked politely. "I just know they're a woman." All heads turned to Victoria who awkwardly waved.

***

"Ma'am were you aware of your husband's life insurance?" Victoria asked as she handed Muta Kaede, the wife, a cup of coffee. "Thank you, I did but I wasn't aware of the amount. My husband was so secretive and paranoid." Victoria nodded "can you think of anyone who wanted to hurt your husband?" Kaede thought about it for a while but shook her head as no. "He was a good man, I can't think of anyone who might wanted to kill my husband." Victoria types a few things in her laptop before returning to Kaede, "Are you returning to Japan?" Kaede nodded, "yes, I don't have anyone in korea so it's better to go back where my family are. I'll be leaving tonight" Rowoon was listening from afar, he suddenly remembered something and ran to Victoria. "I'm sorry" he said as he pulled Victoria's chair away from her desk. He knelt down infront of her, "I remembered something I noticed back at cafeteria, Seo Sang-won's planner was open on the table. I glanced at it and he also had a flight to Japan tonight." Victoria glanced at Kaede, "Are you certain?" Rowoon nodded "very well, Mrs. Muta can we check your phone?" She asked out of the blue. "Why?" It seemed as if she is now uncomfortable, "we want to check to see if you had any interactions with the victim or not." Kaede thought for a few seconds and finally placed her phone on Victoria's desk. Victoria took it and handed to Rowoon "listen, tell inseong to check everything, even the deleted texts as fast as possible. Ask namjoon to get a warrant immediately." Once she done whispering to Rowoon she happily turned in her chair to talk to Kaede again. "Don't worry, it won't take too long. Our IT expert is the best." It felt so awkward.

***

"She deleted these texts but I managed to get them back." Inseong handed the paper to Victoria,
-when are you going to do it?
+tonight, don't worry love. They'll never know he was murdered.
-Just kill him already, I've waited long enough.
"And who this number belongs to?" Victoria smirked, "guess who" her smirk faded as she looked up at inseong. "Seo Sang-won?" Rowoon mumbled, "yes! 5 points to gryffindor." Inseong cheered. "Officer Park!" Victoria called, "yes Detective?" Jimin stood up, "please go and arrest Seo Sang-won. I believe detective Kim already has got warrant. Take officer Jeon with you." She smiled devilishly at Kaede. "We've got you. Now tell me, why did you kill him?" Kaede let out a sigh, "I was tired of him, When we first met he promised he'll give me everything but never did it. Then, I met Sang-won."
"And he gave you what you wanted so you decided to kill your husband and take his life insurance money then run to Japan with your love" Kaede nodded, "you know, you're disgusting." Victoria said with no expression on her face. She pushed a paper infromt of Kaede, "write everything." With that she walked out alongside with inseong and Rowoon. Rowoon happily high fived inseong, "Detective nim!" He called Victoria "Yeah?"
"You did it." He said happily,
"Nah, we did...wait...you did it. You pointed out the schedule" Rowoon smiled happily which Victoria returned.

***

"Detective nim, won't you come with us for a drink? We are celebrating the case being solved" Rowoon smiled happily, Victoria returned the smile "thank you but I'll pass. Enjoy" she left her colleagues and got into her car waving them goodbye before driving home.
Victoria opened the door of her apartment, the moment she stepped in. She fell to the floor staying in the position for a while. "I hate everything." She groaned and finally stood up walking to the kitchen. She opened her fridge just to stare at the emptiness of it. "Why do I even have a fridge" she sighed and took a instant noodle out of the cupboard. "Hello instant noodle, my old friend."

_______________

A/N: so here's the first crime case, I'll write more cases and I promise (?) they will be more fun to read.