forty two

•••

•••

Various different avengers yelled out battle cries as they charged towards Thanos and his army. Thanos raised his sword at the avengers and his people began running towards them at a nerving pace. Both of the sides collided, immediately breaking into what Ellie knew would be a deadly battle, but for who, she was uncertain. She hoped it to be them who were going to lose but she honestly wasn't sure.

She immediately headed into battle, ripping apart the outriders who had crowded around a glowing red light. She threw the last one away and made sure it was dead before running over to Wanda who sat on the floor out of breath.

"Hey! Hey! You okay?" Ellie fussed over the women as she pulled her off of the floor, Wanda immediately jumping into her arms and hugging her tightly.

"I'm okay, are you?" The younger woman checked, "You look pretty beaten up and we've barely started."

"You're just as funny as your brother." Ellie mused as the two of them worked together to destroy different threats that ran towards them.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" They heard Clint call out through the comms.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve ordered as Ellie glanced around, looking for Clint.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from." Bruce argued, confusing Ellie.

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." She replied as she was pinned to the ground by some sort of alien.

"Hold on!" Scott answered suddenly, "That wasn't our only time machine." As Ellie struggled to be free of the monster she heard the familiar sound of Scott's van horn.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Steve asked, but Ellie couldn't look around as she was still down, quickly being buried into the rubble below her.

Valkyrie, who was up in the sky gave them the answer they'd been looking for, "Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked."

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Ellie queried, finally managing to free one of her hands and shoot and icicle through the chest of the alien.

"Maybe ten minutes." The ant-man told her as Wanda pulled her off of the ground.

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you." Steve offered as Ellie was once again knocked to the ground by another outrider.

The second Bruce snapped his fingers Ellie had felt a sharp pain in her abdomen but ignored it and continued to ignore it as she was bombed less than 30 seconds afterwards. As someone killed the outrider on top of her and then knocked it off of her she sat up and instantly turned to her side where she immediately threw up.