forty one

•••

•••

Ellie groaned as she felt someone shaking her awake, her eyes fluttered open and she saw Tony and Thor stood above her, looks of relief flooding onto both of their faces.

"Well that was bloody rude." She groaned irritatedly as Tony pulled her up off of the ground.

"Oh thank god. She's fine." Thor sighed as she attempted to brush herself off before giving up and realising that there was no point.

"What the hell happened?"

"After the missiles hit, I grabbed you because you weren't going to be able to protect yourself in time. We can't seem to find the rest of the team. For all we know, they're dead." Tony told her with a sigh, wiping some of the blood from his forehead.

Ellie squinted, desperately looking around for another member of their team. "Steve!" She cried suddenly, running towards the unconscious super-soldier as she spotted him from a distance and collapsing onto her knees beside him. "Come on. Wake up." She muttered hopefully as she shook him awake, much to everyone's relief.

"That's my man." Tony said enthusiastically, dropping Steve's shield to the floor beside him, as the soldier sat up. "You lose this again and I'm giving it to your godchildren as a toy."

"You two didn't look very hard for anyone else did you. I found him in less than a minute." Ellie told them sarcastically as she pulled Steve off the ground with a bit of help from Thor.

"Oh I'm sorry, next time we'll make sure to find Steve before we resuscitate you." Tony replied, raising his eyebrows.

"You resuscitated me?" She clarified in shock. Her heart had stopped beating.

"We had to use point breaks hammer to shock you back to life." Tony smirked but Steve interrupted by asking them what Thanos had been doing.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor informed them gruffly as the four of them reached a ledge that had a clear viewpoint of the Titan.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked quietly, straining his neck to see if he could find them.

"Don't know why you're asking these two, they're as blind as fucking bats." Eliana mumbled as she looked around.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is that he doesn't have them." Tony replied honestly, choosing to ignore Ellie's wisecrack.

"So we have to keep it that way." Steve nodded, strapping his shield to his arm.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Ellie confirmed curiously with the three men
who all simply nodded.

"Yeah. And I don't much care." Tony shrugged, the helmet of his suit clamping shut again.

"Good." Thor cracked his neck to each side, "Just as long as we're all in agreement." He nodded holding out both of his hands, summoning Mjölnir and Storm-breaker. In a flash of lightening and a clap of thunder, Thor's casual clothes transformed into his armour and his hair and beard were now tucked neatly into Norse braids. "Let's kill him properly this time."