sixteen

•••

•••

"Bucky, he's 1 month old, he's not going to start walking yet." Ellie laughed as her husband tried to get their son to stand.

"You don't know that Ellie. Harry might be a super baby." Bucky replied holding his son up on his feet.

"He's not a super baby, love, he's a normal baby." Ellie told him, standing up and picking up Harry, who they had named after her late father.

A lot had happened in those 10 months that had passed.

Ellie and Bucky had gotten married, one of her mothers friends agreed to legally marry them and to keep it a secret. It was only the two of them. They hadn't spoken to Natasha, Steve or Sam since they had left for England.

Ellie was a couple of weeks pregnant when they left for England, originally the couple were scared and unsure after what happened last time, but the second he was born neither of them regretted a thing.

"He might have powers of some sort." Bucky suggested as he sat at the table next to her.

"We've had this discussion before, both of our abilities are artificial so there's no way to know if they were passed onto him." Ellie explained placing a sandwich in front of her husband and sitting in the chair next to him, with Harry in her arms.

"What if he does have those powers?" Bucky asked.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Ellie smiled as she fed Harry.

- - -

Later that evening, Ellie was jolted from her sleep, turning her head to see her husband thrashing around beside her, shouting in Russian.

"James." She spoke loudly as she tried to shake him awake, placing her hands on his shoulders trying to stop him thrashing around.

"Ready to comply." He muttered, lying still before shooting out of bed, the gun he kept under his pillow, now in his hand, knocking her backwards.

"What the hell are you doing?" She shouted knocking the gun out of his hand with her powers, quickly moving away from him.

"You're my mission." He growled as he began to fight with her.

"No." She whispered sadly, dodging one of his punches. "No, this isn't you Buck. You're names James Barnes, you're my husband."

"Shut up." He growled.

"We have a child, Harry. Come one you have to remember." She pleaded as he grabbed his gun off the floor, Harry, who was in his bassinet in the corner of the room, beginning to cry loudly.