thirty three

•••

•••

Ellie sat in the back of the car, in between her two kids, Natasha sat in the very back of the seven seater car, and Steve and Scott in the front.

"So, you have kids?" Scott asked, trying to make conversation to fill the awkward silence.

"I do." She laughed in response to his obvious question.

"How old are they?"

"I'm 4!" Talia exclaimed looking up from her mothers phone.

"And Harry's just turned six." Ellie answered for her son, who was asleep, snuggled into her side.

"Wow."

"You have a daughter, don't you Scott?" Natasha conversed from the back seat.

"She's 16, her names Cassie."

As they pulled up at Tony and Peppers house, Ellie turned to her son.

"Harry, wake up baby." The little boy groaned slightly and buried his head further into his mothers chest, she sighed before giving in and unbuckling her daughter who practically jumped out of the car as Scott opened her door.

Ellie cracked open Harry's window, before moving him over, so that he was leaning against the door, then getting out of Talia's side of the car. Steve helped her out of the car, before putting the seat down and helping Natasha out of the back.

Talia ran over to her godfather, hugging him around his legs, Tony laughed, bending down and hugging her as Morgan ran around the corner, also hugging Natalia.

"Why don't you two go and play?" Tony suggested to the little girls as he looked up and saw Steve, Scott and Natasha stood by the car instead of just Ellie. Both the little girls complied and ran off happily, hand in hand.

"Hi Tony." Ellie smiled, as she hugged him, leaving the other three trailing awkwardly behind her. Natasha also gave Tony a quick hug, however Steve and Tony still weren't on great terms and Scott and Tony has never really met.

"You're missing a child." He mused as he looked around for her son

"He's asleep in the car." Ellie rolled her eyes as Tony sat down in a chair, Scott sitting opposite him. Ellie leant against the railings of the porch that surrounded the house, Steve and Nat following in suit.

After Scott's plan had been explained to Tony, Scott spoke up again, "Now, we know what it sounds like..."

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve attempted to encourage Stark, which only made Ellie roll her eyes once again. Over the last 5 years, she and Tony had grown close and had formed a strong friendship, she knew what his answer was going to be before they'd even shown up.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch proposition. Can we agree on that?"

Ellie nodded whilst Scott, Steve and Nat all look puzzled. Science was barely any of their fields, but Ellie had studied it for many years at the S.H.I.E.L.D academy.