twenty

•••

•••

A couple of hours had passed and Pietro had gone home leaving Ellie alone with Peter and Harry. She had put Harry down around an hour ago and Ellie was forcing Peter to watch Mamma Mia.

"I mean, there's probably a reason why Donna didn't invite the dads herself. Bit snaky on Sophie's behalf." Peter commented as the film played in the background. Ellie laughed and threw a piece of popcorn at his head.

"Shut up and watch the film." She replied, as Ellie heard a noise.

"FRIDAY?" She asked.

"Yes Mrs Barnes." The voice answered, almost immediately.

"Who's in the building apart from us?"

"Mr Stark, Miss Potts and Ms Parker." FRIDAY informed them.

"Oh god." Peter muttered, "They're gonna kill me."

"It's going to be fine." She reassured him as she saw Tony and May emerge, Peter standing up immediately.

"Hey." Ellie smiles awkwardly as May hugged Peter tightly checking him over. Tony glared at her slightly, causing her to chuckle to herself as he sat down beside her.

"What the hell happened? You got suspended!" May scolded Peter as he looked down to the floor.

"I'm sorry." Peter mumbled to her, her eyes softening.

"What am I going to do? I've got to work and I can't leave you alone all week." The older woman sighed.

"I'm going out of town tomorrow to see my brother, he's more than welcome to come with me." Ellie offered, resting her legs on Tony's lap.

"You must be the famous Ellie Ward I've heard so much about." Aunt May smiled, shaking Ellie's hand.

"I am, and you must be the famous Aunt May." Ellie laughed, sinking back into the sofa.

"Are you sure? I don't want him to be a burden." She told Ellie, glancing over to her nephew who protested about being called a burden.

"Of course, they'll love him and I'm going until Friday so we'll be there 3 days." Ellie informed her.

"As long as you don't mind." Aunt May double checked.

"Not at all, Harry loves him anyway." She smiled. "Speak of the devil." She added as Pepper walked in with Harry in her arms.

"I heard him crying as I walked passed your room, so I thought I'd grab him for you." Pepper said, handing Harry back to his mother.

"Thanks Pep." Ellie replied, rocking Harry gently in her arms.

"You leave tomorrow?" May confirmed.

"I'll pick him up on the way." Ellie nodded with a small smile.

"Thank you so much, I suppose we better leave you too it."

"I'll show you out." Pepper offered as she had not yet sat down.

"Bye Ellie, Bye Mr Stark." Peter bid them goodbye as he followed the women out of the room.

"Thanks for doing that El." Tony said to her as the other three walked out of earshot.

"He reminds me of myself at his age." She shrugged, glancing down at Harry with a small smile.

- - -

It was the next day and Ellie had just picked Peter up, the three of them on their way to stay with Jack and Melissa like Ellie usually did. They were a couple of minutes away when Peter piped up, "What if they don't like me?"

"What? Of course they'll like you, especially Elizabeth." She reassured him. "Although, quick word of warning, my mum, we don't really get on so if she's there like she usually is, don't chat to her about me because if she wants to know she can ask me herself."

"Why don't you get on?" Peter asked, tilting his head to the side.

"We never have really, I was always closer with my dad. We just clash and disagree about almost everything." Ellie explained with a small shrug, Peter nodded signalising he understood.

"When did you last see your family?"

"Saw my brothers around 6 months ago, they came to see us in England, I was very pregnant so Bucky gave them a guided tour of their own country." Ellie laughed, "I last saw my mom at my brothers wedding which was about 2 years ago. I spoke to her a couple of months ago though, she was checking up on me."

"So they're all British like you?"

"Yup." Ellie confirmed as she pulled onto the drive way, parking the car.

"Want me to grab the bags?" Peter asked as she took Harry's car seat out of the car, turning it into a baby carrier.

"Nah it's alright, we'll get them later." She told him as she rang the door bell several times, "Just to piss them off." She smirked, causing Peter to laugh.

"Do you want to stay?" A voice called sarcastically from the other side of the door making Ellie laugh, Peter looked up to see a tall man who had to be over six foot stood in the door way.

"Hey." Ellie laughed, giving her brother a one armed hug as she was holding Harry's baby carrier in the other hand.

"Come in, Come in. Elizabeth is dying to meet her baby cousin." Jack told them, ushering them inside, smiling warmly at Peter.

Ellie hugged Melissa as she walked into the kitchen before introducing the young boy she had brought along with her, "This is Peter, Peter, this is Jack, Melissa and the kid down there is Lucy."

"Hi." Peter said awkwardly, shaking Jack and Melissa's hands.

"Anyone else you're going to introduce us to?" Melissa asked sarcastically referring to the baby carrier in Ellie's hand.

"This is Harry." She said placing the baby carrier on the Kitchen table so her brother and sister-in-law could see him.

"He doesn't really look much like either of you." Jack commented.

"He has James' eyes." Ellie told him.

"I don't gaze into your husbands eyes so that's not exactly something I would notice." Jack deadpanned, making Peter laugh.

"Har har." She muttered sarcastically.

"Incoming." Melissa alerted as Elizabeth ran into the room, jumping into Ellie's arms.

"Hey sweetie." She laughed.

"Mummy said you have a baby now."

"He's right there." Ellie turned around so that Elizabeth could see Harry.

"How was he made?" Elizabeth asked, Peter almost chocked on his drink and Jack's eyes grew wide.

"That's a question you should ask Daddy." Ellie smirked, earning a glare from Jack.

"You should ask Uncle Olly." Melissa told her daughter, who jumped down from Ellie's arms, hiding behind her legs as she saw Peter.

"It's okay Liz." Jack reassured her.

"This is Peter, you'll like him, he's very nice." Ellie laughed, the seven year old child stepping out from behind Ellie's legs.

"Do you want to do some colouring with me?" Elizabeth asked Peter as she stepped out from behind her aunt.

"Of course!" Peter laughed.

- - -

1125 words xx