«23»

- ' 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 - 𝑓𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚

23장

five - who used to do everything and anything for each other and would always stand behind each other's backs in case of someone falling down, now were walking in a complete silence from the bus stop to the dorms. the chilly autumn evening caused shivering onto the boys' bare reddish faces, the streetlights were on and a few stars were dancing on the pitch black sky above the earth. the bright citylights prevented the stars to be seen for their bare eyes, but everyone knew the stars were up there as always.

jimin sat on the couch with jin, hoseok, namjoon and taehyung, he didn't want it to be this awkward for them because no matter what, they loved each other. maybe taehyung thought jimin was bittersweet to them - which he was, but was ready to move on and be more mature as long as jungkook was comfortable with it.

nevertheless, jimin felt bad for taehyung and apologized for using his fists instead of words. and taehyung, he acknowledged all his faults and apologized for everything. he was biting his trembling lower lip and fiddled his nervous shaky fingers on his lap - trying to keep his tears in as he was ready to explain some important things to jimin who looked patient and understanding - as he always was with everyone he cared for.

"I know I was acting like the biggest jerk on the planet.. I was jealous I know.. I just, I really freaked out when you suddenly became so distant and then you were living with jungkook all of sudden and became best friends and I started feeling replaced.. like you cared about him more than me. I did wrong and I promise i'll be better, I'm really sorry jimin-ah." he lifted his face up to meet jimin's sympathetic eyes. he walked to taehyung and hugged him tightly, thinking of jungkook's words from today - saying how he still cared for taehyung because love never disappears but just changes its form and if it does disappear, it was never love.

how intelligent, he thought.

laying his chin on taehyung's shoulder as he was rubbing his back, he chuckled at the situation.

"I know I turned my back to you, kind of, but I told you to stop and you didn't so I started pulling myself away from you. anyways, I'm glad that it made you realize what you were doing was wrong, but don't worry.. you're not a bad person and never were, you have time to be a better version of yourself, you know the real you.. so please tae, don't hide yourself. cause you've been acting like a bitch to all of us.. so if you need to talk then there's four of us. okay?" jimin hugged taehyung tighter, who visibly nodded against jimin's shoulder.

he wanted to lighten up the atmosphere, they all laughed to their old memories and hugged each other like there was no tomorrow, enjoying their time together again. but jimin's mind started shifting to wonder where jungkook was.

he won't lie that he didn't feel worried for him, he really truly was. all kind of terrible scenarios started running around in circles in his mind, seeing how jungkook would be jumping in front of a large speeding truck or drowning himself into the deep pitch black river. terrifying goosebumps slithered through his body, he tried to trust jungkook the best, so that's why he let him go since he couldn't control every single one of his move. but it had been an hour and 45 minutes already, fear and anxiety creeped up to his throat, his heart that was pounding faster was hitting itself to his ribcage abnormally due the stress.

jimin had a rush of self hatred flashing through his mind, feeling stupid for letting jungkook just go, he had had a rough day - full of obstacles standing at his feet making him stumble and fall to the ground, chin dragging along the pavement creating painful asphalt rash on him. he never got a break from it, everytime he stood back on his feet, another heavy rock was thrown at him.
this day had been so overwhelming to the boy, jimin felt like an idiot for not acknowledging him more.