Which makes me think about Letha, and how's she's got herself tied up in this club where the guys seem to sleep with whoever they want whenever they want.

Blade doesn't seem like the cheating type, though, so I'm not too worried about their relationship. Even if I was, there's no telling that girl anything. She's already fallen head over heels for him.

Maneuvering around the stragglers hanging around outside, I watch a fresh keg get tapped like we're at a frat party circa 2009. A Sheep I've come to know as Kitty waves to me, a friendly smile on her classically beautiful, youthful face, and I wave back. She's draped over the backside of Axel as he sits on the seat of the picnic table and her on the table itself. The moon hangs high in the sky over the clubhouse, but the stars have taken an exit from sight due to the illumination from the ground.

A hand wraps around my wrist as I'm distracted and I instinctively rip myself away and reach for the gun usually strapped to my hip that's nowhere to be found.

"Whoa, girly, you're a feisty one, how's about you and I head on over to that there truck and... well, I'm sure you know the rest." His southern accent is thick and a wad of dip hangs heavy in between his bottom lip and teeth. He's dressed simply in a oil-stained button down and ratty old jeans, but his eyes - a peculiar shade of honey brown that throws me back into that warehouse where one of the men had the exact shade of brown in his irises.

"Come on, girl, ain't that what you're all around here for anyway? I ain't with the club, but I can rock your world just as hard." He winks and my stomach rolls at the sight.

Stumbling back towards the entrance, I fall back into someone's body, hands wrapping around my upper arms to keep me from falling over.

"Get lost, Kurtis, she doesn't want anything to do with you."

"How do you know? Haven't given the girl a chance to speak."

"Well, I can tell you that if you keep calling her 'girl' she won't give you the time of day, now get out of here before I kick your hillbilly ass out."

"Fuck you, Ryder!" He shouts before angrily pulling a pack of smokes from his pocket and lighting up, storming towards the truck he wanted to defile me in.

My heart is pounding just thinking about him and I look around me at all the men - some harmless, but others, not so much. The guys in the club may not be dangerous towards women, but some of these guys who hang around probably are.

Letha herself ran into some trouble one night and had to do the unthinkable. When she told me, I was shocked. I never thought she'd be capable, and I never thought she'd ever have to be put into that position.

"You okay?" Ryder asks from behind me and I'm brought out of my head. Shaking his hands off of my shoulders, I step away and face him.

"Fine. Thank you," I mumble the last part.

A large smile breaks out on his face and he sticks his hands into his pocket, appearing like a child standing before me. "I'm thinking maybe I can get that date I've been after for months now. How about it, Talia, want to go out sometime?"

Raising an eyebrow in shock at the audacity of him asking me out after another man already tried, I stifle some laughter and give him the same answer I've given him a hundred times before. "No, Ryder, I don't want to go out with you."