Chapter 23 - The Winter Formal

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Adam. Why are you always so..." I paused trying to find the right word.

"So...what?" He asked me while still not looking into my eyes but at the road that was ahead of us. The night was silent and only some cars could be heard in the distance.

"So..mysterious." I finished my statement and Adam just stood there, his eyes focused on the road.

"Mysterious?" He asked amused. I shook my head lightly and punched his shoulder.

"Yeah, punch me, like you have enough muscles to do that." He said with a laugh. I gasped and punched his shoulder again.

"You're so annoying." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Thanks princess, always nice getting a compliment from you." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

" Just shut up and drive." I said as I wondered why he avoided my question. Well, maybe sometimes people aren't ready to face their problems so they pretend that they're not there in the first place. That's what I usually do when I don't want to talk about my problems with anyone.

I change the subject and they never notice it. It's like my problems disappear without actually disappearing. They're just hidden until one day another person will bring them up and they'll come to the surface.
°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○•○°

When we entered the school, it was full of people. Girls were wearing dresses and guys were wearing tuxedos. This is so formal. I hate this already.

Me and Adam sat on a chair as the school's photographer took a photo of us.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked me smiling.

"Sure, water's fine." I said while he left me at a table.

"Do you want to dance?" I hear someone say. I turned around and looked at the person that I didn't wanted to face.

"No, I don't." I said while looking down.

"Why not?" Said Dylan with a bored face.

"Because when you asked me on a date you were together my sister!" I said putting my hands in my hair.

"No, we are kind of friends with benefits but without the friends part." He said smirking.

"This is so messed up. Why would you do this to me?!"

"Your sister told me that you needed to get over someone so I volunteered." Is he serious?!

"Leave her alone." Said Adam looking very angry.

"She's not yours man." Said Dylan looking into his eyes.

"Yes she is and she doesn't need someone like you in her life coffee boy!" Wait...what?! Did he just said that I'm his? I don't think that he meant that.

Dylan didn't say anything else as he stormed out of the gym. That's where the ball is.

After that I danced with Skylar and then she had to dance with Austin. Yep, Austin, Adam's cousin. We danced and laughed all night until it was time for the last dance.

Adam took my hand and then we started dancing. It was a slow dance.

'Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame?

I believe it's meant to be, darling
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same?
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame?

One of his hands was on mine and one was on my back. I smiled as he twirled me around.

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

Close your eyes, give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame?

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame?

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming, ah
An eternal flame

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming, ah
Is this burning an eternal flame?

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling'

He had his head buried into my neck. I blushed. What if he is like Dylan? What if I'll fall for him then I will find out that he's seeing someone.

I wanted to cry.

I don't know why. I just want to cry. The song was over so I took my arms away and went outside.

I heard footsteps behind me as I looked at the beautiful sky.

"Hey, are you ok?" Asked a concerned Adam.

"No, I am anything but ok. I thought that maybe I've found someone who actually likes me but then I found out that he has been with my sister for over a month?!" I said while crying. I know, maybe I'm being a little too dramatic but it was my sister. Why with my sister?!

"Hey, everything is going to be ok-"

"Yeah, everything is going to be ok. I can face my sister without crying. I can talk with Dylan without crying and I can think about him without crying." I said looking down. If Jack would have been here he would have never let any of this happen but he's not here anymore. I need to get over him. He's gone and I think that if he would've been here he would've told me to go for it. It's time to face my fears.

The moon was shining over us as we sat on a bench near the school. It started snowing and now my hair had little snowflakes in it. It was starting to get cold so Adam gave me his jacket and then he took my hands into his.

I looked into Adam's eyes and he was looking into mine. He leaned in and I closed my eyes. His lips touched mine and I smiled kissing him back.

He kissed me. I kissed him back. We were kissing.

°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○°•○

Hi guys, I hope that you liked this chapter ❤

Happy New Year!!! 💗

Xoxo- Cat lover 💜