A smile took over me when I remembered him saying that only I can bear him

We reached his home, he showed us a room and gave us some clothes. I took a quick shower and walked out. His clothes are too big for me. I saw Desmond leaning on the wall. The clothes are a little tight for him as one can see his toned chest in that. He walked towards me. My heart began to beat loudly. I took a step back. The power radiating from him startles me. My back hit the wall. He put his hands in his pocket. The cold Desmond is back. I swallow the lump in my throat. His eyes are filled with power and amusement, because of my terror. I lowered my gaze and walked away. I stood in the middle. He raised his eyebrow and began to take steady steps towards me.

"Looks like you have learned how to talk back."

My legs became numb. My body began to shiver. He stood in front of me and glared at me. When did I talk back to him?

I turned my head to my side. How can my day end without him terrorizing me? I walked away again but he held my wrist this time.

" Which pain hurts the most? Mental? or Physical?" He asked.

"Both.." I told him honestly without looking at him.

"Then, I will use both methods." My eyes widened as I looked at him. His eyes are filled with anger. He is completely serious. He is ready to shatter me, again. Tears began to fall as I gave him a pleading look. The dread of my heart can only be evoked by him. He terrifies me in such a cruel way, one can never will.

"W-what if I c-chose mental?" My trembling lips began to say.

"I would choose that method then" I remained still as he walked to me.

"Are you jealous?" He smirked. He is asking random questions waiting for me to choose one wrong answer.

"I trust you," I said. I am almost breathless. His presence suffocates me. I looked up and met his gaze. He stares at me for a while.

He wanted to let out his anger and hateful comments but he is refraining himself. He leaned in as I tried to back away but he held my back, refraining me to move back. I looked at him with a frightened look. He leaned but thankfully, The door knocked, saving me from this tribulation.

"Hey, Desmond! Come! Let's talk about old times!" I heard Mr Joseph's voice. I got away from him. I bit my cheeks to calm my rapid heart rate.

Desmond opened the door. Mr Joseph smiled at us.

"Come man! Mrs Corte you too! I shall tell you about your husband's high school life"

We all are sitting near the fireplace.

Desmond and Mr Joseph were drinking wine while I drank the hot chocolate. Mr Joseph began to tell us,

"Desmond is the topper of our school. We used to call him Mr Perfect. He hates that nickname.

The thing which made him popular all over the school is that; he can play the Flute! He is the only one in the whole school that can play it! Have you heard him play?" He asked. I smiled a little.

"Yes...I have.."

"When?" Desmond asked.

"The next day, When I broke the...." I trailed off. What should I say?

"Broke the-?" Mr Joseph asked curiously. Meanwhile, Desmond, whose glared made me immerse in terror.

"My phone.."

"How do you break your phone?"Mr Joseph asked. Can't he just mind his business?

"It fell on the ground and I stepped on it.." I said. He laughed a little.

Silence fell upon us. I still felt Desmond's glare as well as Mr Joseph's stare. I felt scared as well as uneasy.

"So..Mrs Corte, tell me about your high school life.." He asked.

"I did private studies," I said.

"Why? Haven't you ever been to a High school before?"

"I did. But, I dropped out."

"Why?" Desmond asked. I shivered as I remembered that. I looked down and spoke in a low voice,

"Personal Reasons..."

"You know how popular Desmond was with girls!? They drool over him. He was even in a relationship with my sister." Mr Joseph said, trying to lighten the mood. I looked up and looked at Desmond who was looking at the fire, lost in unfathomable thoughts and a glint of.... heartbreak? I also looked at it. It scared me just by thinking of this morning. I couldn't bear to look at it. I looked at Mr Joseph as he continued,

"He was a playboy. And look at him now. By the way Dude!" He called to get Desmond's attention.

"What?" Desmond asked.

"I didn't know that you liked shy and sweet girls. I thought that you hated them." He asked Desmond. I knew I am not Desmond's type and he doesn't like me either. But, still hearing that broke my heart. Desmond scoffed and looked away.

After a while, we excused ourselves and went to our room. My heart skipped a beat when I heard the sound of the door being locked. I quickly walked towards my side and laid down. I covered myself with a blanket and tried to sleep.

Today is a day worth remembering. It is the longest day of my life.

It was one hell of a day! A lot of Good and Bad things happen today. We stayed in this marriage maybe because he's falling for me? What a silly thought! He showed his absolute power as my petite form was left miserably at his mercy. Still the same pathetic woman.

"You are everything I need. Let's stay together, forever."

I felt a pair of lips on my cheek as I wanted to wake up from the dream and run away with this voice. I just love it. It's like salvation to me. I don't want to wake up from this lull, I want to lose myself in it and be with it forever. This is the only thing that made me feel like I am loved...