10

I make my way back to the Pack House. A part of me fearful of how they would react. A guard quickly sees me. "STOP!"

I see the Alpha standing by the gate. "HEY, PLEASE LET ME SPEAK REAL QUICK!"

The guard grabs my arm and pushes me into the tree. Luckily the Alpha sees me. "LET HER GO!" He rushes over to me. "Darla, you're okay!"

He looks around. "Where's the Werewolf King and why are you all wet?"

I see the Werewolf King in the distance near the Pack House. He's coming my direction. I quickly hand the jerky to the Alpha. "Give this to the sick pack members it will heal them. Rabbit meat cures the poison in our bodies."

Just as the Alpha opens his mouth, Luke throws me into the tree. "How did you escape mutt?!"

I see people coming over to see what the commotion is. The Alpha sees Josh and Alison walking over. "You two over here now!"

They rush over. Alison looks at me in shock while Josh looks at me with disgust. "Eat this."

They look at him and then look at each other. "Do it guys."

They both take a piece and eat it. I look over the Werewolf King's shoulder. "In an hour your pain will be gone!"

"SHUT UP!" I feel a blow to the side of my head. The Alpha growls. "Stop Luke you're hurting her."

He turns and faces his Father. "Don't you ever talk to me like that I'm the king remember?!!"

The Alpha looks at me but backs down.  Luke turns back to me. "You are dead meat. And I will personally make sure of it. He grabs my arm and leads me to the building behind the Pack house which is basically a dungeon or jailhouse.

He throws me into a cell and slams the door. "I'll be back for you once I deal with certain people."

I had been in the cell for two hours when I started to feel this warm fuzzy feeling in my chest. The cell door flies open and Luke enters in. "What am I going to do with you now?!"

He slams me into the wall and I feel strange Sparks throughout my entire body. "I hate you so much Darla." He leans in and takes a deep breath. My mind was having conflicting thoughts about him. I wanted to hate him but something inside me was stopping me from that. It was almost as if I didn't want him to go...

Something wasn't right here and Luke sensed it too. He grabs my hair and throws me on the ground. Then punches the wall. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!"

I take that moment to blow my whistle around my neck. Luke looks over at me and then begins to try and take it away. "Give me that!! Who are you signalling?!"

Something about the way his touch was driving me crazy like in a good way and I hated it. Suddenly he stops wrestling me. He just looks at me like he's in a trance. He whispers my name under his breath. I finally realize this monster is my mate...

Suddenly he's thrown off of me and Wesley takes my hand. "I don't know what you did Darla but I'm guessing the Jerky didn't help."

We run as fast as we can before the guards set out after us. We finally reach his cabin and I slump to the ground exhausted. "This day just sucks!!"

He laughs. "You've already said that."
I look up at him and smile. "I'm probably going to keep saying it. Turns out the Werewolf King is my mate."

He spits out the water he's drinking. "WHAT THE---"

I sigh. "Yeah I know."

He snickers. " You life really does suck."

....
...

So I'm trying to figure out where to go with my characters. If y'all like Wesley  more than Luke. Let me know. I'm not sure which way I'm going with them yet 🤷🏽‍♀️