5

I couldn't believe it. After all these years here he was.

I could feel tears run down my face. "I thought you drowned." I turned and looked at Josh. His eyes still widened in shock. His father was still alive.

Beta looked down at me. "Somehow I ended up on dry land. Everyone in this pack are the survivors. We thought we lost all our children. But here you all are. All grown up."

Josh slowly walks towards us. "Dad.."
I back up as he quickly goes in for a hug. Beta grabs his sons face. "Wow, you still have your mother's eyes."

At that moment we all knew Clarisse didn't survive the dam. We all looked around the room at each other. All the wolves we thought were strangers began to become familiar inside our heads. All had aged quite a bit but their wolves not a day over 21.
............

Noone went back to sleep that night. We stood around exchanging our life stories to each other. Not knowing that all these years we had been so close.

Beta looked over me. "So at this moment I am the Alpha. But at any moment you are ready to take over let me know and we will work out the details."

I looked into his eyes for a moment. For the past 15 years this man had been guiding the pack and he did a pretty darn good job at it.

He smiles as I laugh. "Keep it. You have proven to be a strong leader since you stood by my father's side. You deserve it."

He shakes his head. "Oh Darla, that's not how this works. Only the next in command can be Alpha."

He continues. "With you back, that means I can retire. My son is already at the age to be Beta and you are already an Alpha whether you want to be or not."

Alison snickers. "No, she prefers Rogue Queen."

I smack her in the arm. "Whatever, you know I'm right."

I look over at the current Alpha as he suddenly grabs Josh's arm. He mutters under his breath. "Those bloodsuckers have been drugging you for years."

He pulls out this metal tube inside Josh's arm. "No wonder yall look so weak." He pauses and shakes his head. " I found it rather funny not one of you has a mate. Now I know why."