Chapter 27

Aria's POV

I sighed lightly as I walked around the bare mansion. Devan had bought this for me and told me I could design it, and we were staying in my penthouse until I finished.

It was one week after we had come back from our honeymoon in Thailand, two weeks into our marriage. Two weeks since I had been with Angelo.

My stomach curled just at the thought of him, his muscular, tanned skin underneath my fingers, kisses peppering across my
collarbone, tongue dragging across my flesh. I felt myself pooling in between my legs.

God, I was basically a hormonal teenager.

"Boo!"

I rolled my eyes and didn't even bother to turn around. He couldn't possibly think that I would be scared.

"Aww, come on, doll. Loosen up." Devan whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling my skin.

"Shut up, I'm thinking." I snapped.

He fake whimpered and wrapped his arms around my waist, my back against his perfectly sculpted chest. "Don't be like that."

I sighed and relaxed into his embrace. I was so jumpy and uptight lately. He was right, I needed to loosen up. "Sorry."

He pressed his lips against my neck and I could feel his smile. "So, what are you thinking for Nick's room?" His words were soft against my neck.

Devan had a soft spot for Nick, spoiling him at every chance. "I'm going to write his name graffiti-style across the wall, set up some stands for his skateboards or something." Nick was a skater boy, Tony Hawk was like his idol.

"That would be cool. Colors?" He massaged figure eights on my hips with his thumb.

"Still deciding." I relaxed a bit more, his fingers relieving the tension that had built up in my body.

"Are you going to be busy for the rest of the day?" He asked.

"No. I'm probably going to go home and finish a project for work." I responded.

"Can I take you out for dinner?"

Dinner? "Why?"

"Is it so wrong for me to want to take my beautiful wife out for dinner?" He joked lightly.

I knew he was only kidding, but my heart still tightened with ache. I blinked back tears and tried to keep my voice steady. "No, I guess not."

"Well, it's our two week anniversary, so we should go out and have a good time."

"You love finding excuses to go celebrate, don't you?" I couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped my lips. Devan was so carefree and playful.

"It's good to enjoy life, darling. So, what do you say?"

I pretended to ponder it, tapping my chin lightly. "Yeah, okay." Maybe a few drinks would do me good.

"Perfect. I'll see you at home after work. Bye, sweetness." He gave my hips a light squeeze and left Nick's future room, the door shutting softly behind him.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. My body was sexually frustrated, which had to be the reason why I was so tense all the time. Would it be so bad if I did something with Devan? He was my husband, after all. And it would be meaningless sex, nothing else.

That wasn't bad, right?
*
I groaned in frustration. Why was it that no matter how many clothes I bought, I could never find something to wear?

I looked around my closet, searching for something suitable for the umpteenth time. Devan and I were going to dinner together then meeting up at a club with some of his friends.