Chapter 10

Angelo's POV

I paced back and forth in my new office in Seattle. This was our last day here, but it was raining as hard as hell, so we couldn't really go anywhere. Aria was back at the hotel, and still grumpy.

And I was bored.

She added spice to my life, but now she just ignored me and only acknowledged my presence when I was offering her aspirin. I had never noticed how painstakingly boring my life was until Aria waltzed in, and now that she's basically gone, I feel empty. Without any purpose.

This wasn't how our first vacation would go. I had planned out everything; I would teach her water sports, show her everything that there was to see, and prove to her that we belong together. There was one person I knew would be able to bring Aria back to me.

Jasmine.

I dialed her number and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for her to answer. Just as I was about to hang up, her voice sounded from the other line. "What's up, Angelo?"

"I need your help." I looked out the window to the Bellevue skyline and observed all the skyscrapers. This city was really classy. Fancy restaurants lined the streets and brand name clothing shops littered the area. It seemed like a place Aria would love to go to.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Aria's on her period an-"

"Ohmygod... Is she doing okay?" She didn't let me answer before she continued talking. "There is a proper protocol for situations like these. Here's what you gotta do: buy her donuts and just leave her alone. She won't talk to anyone for a couple days and just keep her big ass headphones on, but then she'll be alright. She has gigantic mood swings-" that much I knew, from experience. "-and sometimes her cramps are so bad that she faints, so make sure she stays hydrated. By the way, where are you guys? If she was in Cali she would have called me by now."

"Seattle. We're leaving for Italy tomorrow." I informed her, surprised that Aria hadn't told her yet.

"Damn, you work fast." Jasmine gave a small whistle. "Have you asked her to be your girlfriend yet?" She inquired.

"Yeah, but she said it's too early for her to put a label on us. She granted me boyfriend privileges, though." I told her proudly. "Jasmine?"

"What?"

"Do you think I'm her rebound? That she's just using me to get over Dylan?" I questioned, uncertainty flooding through me. It was such a foreign feeling, I was always so confident about everything.

I heard Jasmine sigh from the other end. "I don't know, Angelo. She's not exactly an open book, I can't just read her mind."

I leaned back in my office chair and looked up. "Alright, thanks anyways, Jasmine."

"Oh, by the way, she only likes glazed Krispy Kreme donuts." With that final note, she hung up.

I leaped out of my chair and ran out of my office. I wanted to get back to Aria ASAP. All the new employees made way for me, and I rode the elevator down and sprinted to my car. I searched Google maps for the closest Krispy Kreme, and set out for a shop ten miles away.

When I had bought the donuts (glazed, of course) and another bottle of aspirin from a pharmacy, I raced back to the waterfront hotel we were staying at. I strode through the lobby and took the elevator up to the presidential suite. My eyes searched for Aria as soon as I burst through the door, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Aria?" No response.

I walked into the bedroom, and found her curled up under a blanket, with a pair of pink beats headphones on her ears. I gently shook her, to see if she was awake.