Chapter 5

Angelo's POV

"So Ms...?"

"Jasmine."

"Jasmine, you were the one with Aria at the club that night?"

She nodded. "And lemme guess, you were the one she said had whispered the world's cheesiest pickup line in her ear?"

"She actually said that? Damn, I was proud of that one."

Jasmine handed me a glass full of wine. "What are you trying to do when it comes to Aria?"

"Straight to the point, are we?"

She gave me an icy look. I put my hands up in surrender and crossed my arms on the granite of the kitchen counter.

"To be honest, I don't really know. But, I need to ask you something."

"Yea, go ahead."

"Why does she randomly start to look so sad? Like one minute she's laughing, but the next she looks like she's going to cry."

The blonde girl massaged her temples. "I would say it's not my place to tell you, but I think I should. So I'm just going to tell you."

I nodded, encouraging her to continue.

She looked heaven-ward before she spoke. "A week ago, on their one year anniversary, Aria found her boyfriend Dylan cheating on her. My guess is that whenever she's enjoying herself, she thinks back to when her and Dylan would do something similar to that and her heart breaks all over again."

"So she still loves him?" I asked Jasmine, trying to stay calm. In reality I was already planning several different ways to torture this Dylan guy. How could he not see that Aria was the best thing that ever happened to him?

"Angelo, it's not just about love. It also destroyed a lot of her self esteem when she found out her boyfriend didn't think she was good enough. To be honest, I don't think she was actually in love, but what she had with Dylan was the closest thing she experienced to it."

I just stirred my drink, trying to absorb everything Jasmine had just told me.

"I'm not going to ask you to stop going after her, I'm just asking you to give her time. She is still recovering, but I think you being with her will help build back her confidence."

I smiled at the thought of helping Aria recover. Even Jasmine said she needed me.

"But just remember, Angelo, I will not hesitate to chop your balls off if she cries even once because of you."

I gave her a horrified look. "I would never hurt Aria. But, I still want to ask you some stuff about her."

"Anything, shoot."

"Favorite food?"

"She has some weird ass addiction to lasagna."

I started taking notes on my phone. "Favorite dessert?"

"Definitely chocolate cake. With chocolate frosting."

"Color?"

"Pink, red, or black. She can never decide."

"Ideal pet?"

"Loves huskies. She has always wanted one, but never had the time to go out and get it."

"Phone number?"

Jasmine rolled her eyes and gave me Aria'a number.

"That's pretty much all I need to know. Thanks, Jasmine. I'll see you around."