Never Again- Chapter 1

Hey guys!

So I started writing kind of like the sequel to this book... Yeah that's basically how I would describe it.

It's Jasmine's story, so I decided to give you guys a kind of trailer to see if you liked it. This is the entire first chapter, and it's also posted on the actual book, which is called Never Again.

Enjoy!
------------------------------
"I knew you were trouble when you walked in."
~Taylor Swift

I gingerly sipped my champagne, smiling lightly as my gaze fell on the loving couple.

I was so happy for my best friend. Aria deserved everything Angelo would give to her and more. I wished I had something like that, but I knew nobody would love me like that.

"Sorry, I'm late, bro!" A handsome man appeared, with his arm around a black-haired beauty. He bore a strong resemblance to Angelo.

The couple stood up and greeted him, Aria giving him a kiss on the cheek and Angelo giving him a weird hug. I think it was called a bro-hug or something. Not sure.

Angelo shot him a glare, but there was playfulness in his piercing blue eyes. "You're such a douche. How could you be late to my engagement party?Everyone," He turned his attention to the rest of the table. "this is my brother, Luca."

Luca shot a goofy, boyish grin at no one in particular, taking the seat right next to Angelo. His date fluttered her lashes at Angelo, puckering up her lips. I clenched the bottom of the seat in annoyance. Even with a handsome date like Luca, she was still trying to get the attention of a man who was already taken by, might I add, my best friend.

Thankfully, Angelo once again proved his worth by not giving her a second glance. I was so glad Aria had found someone like him. He was a hundred times better than any of her ex-boyfriends.

"Well, well, well. Who might this lovely lady be?" Luca drawled, twisting the stem of his glass between his large fingers.

All eyes turned to me and I blushed bright red. I was usually so great with large crowds, it came with the pageantry, but something about Luca set me on edge.

Aria, being the ever faithful best friend, answered for me. "Luca, this is Jasmine, my best friend."

Luca smirked at me, his eyes flitting down to my chest. The dress already exposed a bit more cleavage than I would have liked, but Luca's scrutinizing gaze made me even more self conscious as I tugged the neckline up. I don't know what he was staring at me when there was a near-naked woman begging for his attention sitting right next to him. Fortunately, though, Angelo switched the topic to talk about the engagement and how he had proposed to Aria.

The rest of dinner went smoothly, but I still felt Luca eyeing me from time to time. I shifted uncomfortably, wanting nothing more than this night to be over. Being stared at directly is very unnerving.

At last, dinner was over an do could escape. I quickly congratulated the couple and took my leave, stepping outside into the cool night air. I shivered slightly as the breeze hit my bare arms. I asked the valet to bring my car around and he smiled and nodded. "Just a moment, please, Madame."

I waited as he went to go retrieve my car, shivering and rubbing my arms for warmth.

"Hello, sweetheart." A deep voice mumbled into my ear, large hands gently squeezing my waist. I shivered, this time for entirely different reasons, and jumped away from whoever was behind me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I whisper yelled at Luca, who was standing there with a self satisfied smirk on his sinfully handsome face.

"An accent? Quite lovely, actually." He rubbed his jaw. "Where are you from? Is it British?"

I could feel the heat creeping into my cheeks and I looked at my heels. "South African."

"Sexy, I must admit." He advanced closer towards me. "You're very sexy."

I shrunk away from him, taking steps back. Still, I couldn't fight the small smile on my face as I struggled to avoid his intense gaze. No man had ever told me my accent was sexy. In fact, some even teased me about it.

He gently pinched my chin in between his thumb and forefinger, turning my head to face him. "Don't be shy, my love. You are one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen."

His deep voice sent shivers shooting through my body and I could feel myself getting even redder. No guy has called me beautiful for a long time.

"Jasmine?" A deep booming voice snapped me back to reality and I turned to see Angelo standing in the doorway of the restaurant. He walked over to me and gently placed a hand on the small of my back. "Come on. Aria is looking for you."

Luca chucked and shook his head at Angelo. "Now you're her bitch too. Damn, you're fucking whipped." He slapped his brother's back and waved to me. "See you later, bro. Bye sweetheart."

Angelo flipped him off then turned his attention to me. "Don't fall for his charms."

"What?" I looked at him, confused. Even in sky-high heels, he was still taller than me.

"Luca is a player, Jas. You deserve so much more." He sighed and rubbed his jaw. "I love Luca, he's my brother, but I care about you, too. If you know what's good for you, you will stay away from him."

I bit down on my lip and gave him a skeptical glare. "What's so bad about him? We can just be friends."

He took a deep breath and gripped my shoulders. "Jas, please. We both know he is already attracted to you, he made no effort to hide that. But he will end up hurting you, Jasmine. Luca isn't a one woman man, and I know you want more than that. Don't become one of the girls that cries over him because he paid them off with a bracelet after a night of sex."

I looked away from Angelo to Luca who was leaning on his car, waiting for something. He caught my gaze and winked. I raised my hand to wave at him, but I immediately put it back down. The girl who was with him at dinner suddenly strutted up to him, grabbing his face with her hands and kissing him. I couldn't look away as his hands snuck around her waist and pulled her flush against his perfect body.

I turned back to Angelo and he looked at me pointedly. I sighed and nodded, admitting defeat. "Okay, you're right. I'll stay away from him."

"Perfect." He pecked a light kiss on my forehead. "Come on, Aria's probably wondering where we both are."