Chapter 9

Angelo's POV

I pulled I'm in front of Aria's contemporary apartment building. My eyes searched inside the glass doors for my baby. The lobby was pretty empty, except for the receptionist. Since she was nowhere to be seen, I dialed her number, impatient. We had to leave for Seattle before she changed her mind.

"What do you want?" Aria answered on the third ring.

I smiled to myself. "I'm here, baby."

"Oh okay, give me like 5 minutes. The doorman is supposed to be coming to get my luggage."

"Alright, babe. I'll see you in a bit." She gave a quick goodbye in reply and hung up the phone.

I waited for Aria's arrival. When she finally strolled out of the elevator, Jake jumped out of the drivers seat to open the door for her. I grabbed his arm and shook my head.

I would be the one to greet Aria.

Not him.

I pulled open the door to the backseat of the Range and slid out. I stood, waiting for Aria to reach the car, with my arms crossed across my chest.

Aria was dressed in a plain, white full sleeved t-shirt,a pair of dark blue jeans, a black puffer vest, knee length UGG boots, and her hair was curled and she had a beanie perched on top of her head. She looked adorable, completely different from the edgy business outfit she had been in earlier. She ran up to me, her now curly hair bouncing with her steps.

Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck and she pressed her lips against mine. My hands instinctively grabbed her hips and I kissed her back.

My angel pulled away, and I leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"You look adorable, baby, but why are you wearing boots when it's ninety degrees outside?"

She looked up at me through her long lashes. "It's actually cold in Seattle during October. And apparently it rains a lot."

I just nodded in understanding and gestured for her to climb inside the SUV. I jumped in after her and signaled for Jake to start driving. I rested an arm across the back of Aria's seat and started twirling her hair. "You curled your hair, baby."

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "You noticed? Wow. I'm just trying it out, does it look okay?"

"Yeah, it looks cute. Lo adoro." I kissed the side of her head gently.

She grinned at me and pecked my cheek. One of her tiny, soft hands came to sit on the inside of my knee and she rested her head against my chest. I buried my face in her hair and closed my eyes.

I breathed her in, savoring the moment. "Aria?"

She hummed in response.

"Your hands are freakishly small." I measured her hand in mine. "It's less than half the size of mine."

"I know. I have size five and a half feet too."

I laughed and kissed the side of her head.

"You smell like mangos."

"Stop sniffing me, you creeper." She pulled away and slid over to the other side of the car. I just grabbed her waist and pulled her against me with ease. My fingers reached up to twirl her hair and I tucked her head underneath my chin. She gave up struggling against my grip once she realized it was pointless. I felt her body relax and she buried her face in my chest once again. We sat there in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the fact that we were together.

An hour or two later, the car pulled up in front of LAX. We pulled off to the side to the area for the private jets.

"Excited, baby?" I whispered against Aria's dark hair. She looked like a kid at Christmas.