27. Men With Silver Spoons

Men with Silver Spoons.

B A E   J O O H Y U N

" Erich Hwan? " Yoongi whispered, grabbing Joohyun and pulling her back. Joohyun turns her head, mind a white canvas.

Why would Erich Hwan come to see her?

Joohyun swallowed the lump in her throat as she heard the knocks once more.

" That jerk who keeps eyeing you like you're gold. What's he doing here? " Even Yoongi's voice was concerned for his headstrong friend. Joohyun shook him away.

" Maybe he's just here for..uh..."

What was he here for?

"No, not okay. Joohyun I'm staying with you before he--"

"Relax Yoongi. It's fine. I'm quite capable of dealing with CEOs like him." she said clearing her throat and twisting the knob to find Erich patiently waiting for the door to open. His emerald eyes were gazing back at her, as a permanent half-smile  lingered on his lips.

Joohyun grimaced at the thought of what Taehyung had said when she had been at his home.

" Do you like younger guys? I hear Erich's the same age as I am."

Taehyung had lost any common sense if he thought Joohyun would go for a manipulating, conniving man such as Erich.

"Ah, my lovely Bae Joohyun. I was wondering why you were taking so long, "

Joohyun forced herself to smile as she gestured towards Yoongi who had molded back into his stone-cold expression.

" The Chief Editor and I were discussing some things," she said while Erich turned to Yoongi. His smile faded a bit eyeing the man before turning to Joohyun.

" You're a busy woman," he laughs before walking over to Yoongi.

" Nice to meet you," Erich said, stretching a hand for Yoongi to shake.

" Ceo Hwan right? Nice to meet you too. I was just going, " he remarked turning to Joohyun who had a pleading " don't-leave-me-with-this-man". Yoongi gives the man a quick handshake and heads out.

Once the door had shut, Erich leans against the door, as if it was a barrier he had placed blocking anyone else from coming.

" Is there something you want to discuss with me, sir?  Joohyun asks with a raised eyebrow. Erich shakes his head and points at her.

" Something that that's more under the line of you working at my company, "

" You came to the place I work at just to tell me the I should go somewhere else, " Joohyun recites staring at Erich, arms folded in disdain.

Erich let's out a throaty chuckle.

" If you put it that way then yes," he says, pushing himself off the door before his feet move towards Joohyun as she hitches a breath.

" Joohyun-ssi, I'm a very rich man. I could make your salary double before your eyes, " he prompted. Joohyun cleared her throat.

"Director Hwan, I'm not interested." She quipped. Erich was already in front of her, eyeing her with an amused smile.

" Really? Not even in me? I'm a man who gets what he wants,"

" Well, I'm a woman who likes this company,"