19. Feverish Calls I

Feverish Calls I.

B A E J O O H Y U N

After the Erich Hwan incident, Joohyun made sure to take a nice shower. She even considered re-showering a few more times, maybe dousing in a gallon of bleach. Yet, economic Bae Joohyun was not about to pay an overbearing water bill, or a trip to the hospital.

Joohyun comfortably sat in her office, pin straight hair typed up neatly behind her. Her crisp black outfit fitted perfectly against her frame.

After overviewing a few important messages, Joohyun finds herself staring blankly at Director Kim's response to her long awaited Apology letter.

Director Kim,

I have misunderstood your true intentions to my friend and called you a few unnecessary things. I apologize.

Sincerely,

Bae Joohyun

She was proud of the letter she wrote. It held all the imperative keys to a well designed latter: Shortness, Smartness, and Snappiness. Anyways, she had done nothing too damaging to even need to send the man an apology.

To: baejoohyun163820@gmail.com
From: tae1hyung2@gmail.com
Subject: Letter

Are you always this blunt, Bae? Maybe you should focus a bit more on making your work genuine than robotic.

Your ever so handsome boss,
Kim Taehyung

Joohyun could feel him cackling like a witch while writing that. If only they had met, not as boss and employee. She would have taught him. Oh yes, a nice and endearing lesson on respect for elders. Alas, Joohyun's life was not so fortunate.

" 'Ever so handsome' boss my foot." She mumbled.

" Handsome boss? Talking about me Joohyun? "

Joohyun heard the voice of her friend and pulled her head up to see Yoongi with a water bottle in hand. Joohyun gives it a look and squints suspiciously before he dumps himself on her couch with a thud.

" Man, marketing managers have nice offices," He began, viewing the office with a hopeful glint in his eyes once he pulls open the cap of the water bottle and takes a heavy sip.

" You have a whole set Yoongi." Joohyun sighs.

" Yeah but I'm not loving the whole interns by my side kind of thing."

Joohyun stares and watches Yoongi's incessantly chugging his water.

" Again with the soju? Doesn't Seungwan know about this? "

" Which is why I'm here. Pesky women thinks she can take my fun away by telling Director Kim." He sniffs the air and stretches.

" What is she? My wife? Actually I don't want to even think about that. " Yoongi stops, shivering at the thought.

" Well that pesky women is doing something right...for once," She quips.