Chapter 9 - The fight

Start from the beginning

Kassandra turned around. "I'm sorry Jericho I didn't mean to." She was still laughing but I could tell she hadn't sent me in there with the thought of making me look like a perv.

"Where's Danni anyway?" Alex asked.

"I don't know the couch said she hadn't shown up." I realised what had just happened when a sly grin crossed my face.

"Oh no you don't. You will not black mail that girl." Kassandra warned looking at me in the rear view mirror as we drove away from the school.

"I'm not doing anything." I said innocently.

"Good." She mumbled.

"Yet." I added chuckling as they all groaned.

When we got home we only found Enoch sitting in the living room with Essie on his lap. I realised Dia wasn't there and remembered she went back to school.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, figuring Dia use to let him in and Mrs. Delgado never would.

"Essie let me in." He said tickling her.

"I thought one of your classes was switched to the afternoon today." Kassandra commented.

His eyes went wide. "Oh my god, your right!" He exclaimed taking Essie of his lap, jumping over the couch and running out the door.

"Your boyfriends an idiot." Carmen said bluntly.

Kassandra smiled. "Yes, but, he's my idiot."

I was sitting on the couch doing my homework when the door bell rang I got up and went to open it only to find Danni. "Where were you?" I question.

"Swimming what does matter to you anyway?" She sounded pretty defensive.

"Really than why is it that when I went to get you, you weren't there?" Now it kind of sounded like I was interrogating her.

"What do you want Jericho you want me to be nice to you like you've made all the rest of my sisters?" She asked.

"That'd be nice."

"Then it's done." She said simply while going up stairs.

"Wait your not going to tell me?" I called after her.

She started laughing. "No."

............................................................

I woke in the middle of the night to what sounded like an engine. I went downstairs to see what was happening. Since this house was so big the nearest neighbor was like a mile away.

I opened the front door to see the SUV Kassandra drives us to school in, pulling in. The car turned into the drive way screeching and then hitting the brakes rather hard. That's weird I recall Kassandra going to bed.

I slipped along the wall of the house so who ever was in the car wouldn't see me. When the car got close enough I ducked down and started walking towards it with my back hunched. When the door opened I knew it wasn't Kassandra for sure. I heard Alex's voice talking to someone else.

"See that wasn't that bad." She said even though I could hear her voice shaking slightly.

I finally got close enough to pop up on the side of her door. "Well what do we have here?" I said quickly. Both the girls screamed bloody murder. I looked over and saw the other Delgado was Ariana. Oh good, killing two birds with one stone.

Ariana was heaving because of the way I scared them. Alex reached into the back seat grabbing Ari's purse and tossing it on her lap. Still heaving she took out her inhaler and took two deep puffs.