9 + 1= Chaos

Hey Everyone, I'm new on Wattpad and this is my first story.

My sister (IshaReneeIsme) and I have read many versions of the book Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys on here. And we have gotten kinda tired of them so we decided to write our own and change it up a bit. Here's chapter 1, ENJOY!

Read, Vote, Fan, and Comment

This Chapter is dedicated to Waddle2468 for making the cover, once again it looks amazing.

Chapter 1

The plane touched down in Maine around 7 pm. Rage coursed through my blood as I realized this was it. This was where I was going to live from now on with people I can't even remember meeting. I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for that damned taxi driver.

  The week before.

   It was early in the morning and I was brushing my teeth when there was a firm knock on the door. I spit the tooth paste out of my mouth and quickly rinsed mouth wash in my mouth before rushing down the stairs. I opened the door to find a familiar looking Hispanic man standing in front of me. I know I've seen him before but couldn't quite place my finger on where. "What can I do for you sir?" I asked.

 "Jericho do you remember me I am a good friend of your parents Roberto Delgado?" The man asked in a thick accent.

 That's when it clicked as to who he was. My parents had gone out of town to visit there long time friends Roberto and Consuela Delgado. I would have gone with them but first semester finals were going on the week they left so I had to stay home. But if my parents had gone to visit Mr. Delgado what was he doing here.

 "Yes sir I've heard about you before. But I thought my parents went to visit you and your wife."

 "Jericho you might want to sit down I have some bad news."

 My stomach dropped as I thought of the worst. I opened the door wider welcoming Mr. Delgado into our apartment. I shut the door behind him and gestured for him to go to the living room. I followed him in and sat down on the couch.

 Mr. Delgado started talking again. "Jericho I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but your parents were on their way to our house when there taxi driver chose to take his life by driving over a bridge killing him and your parents."

 I sat there in shock not believing what I was hearing.

 "I know this may come as a shock to you but....."

 He stopped mid sentence when I stood up. In a rush of fury I picked up the closest thing to me (a flower pot) and threw it against the wall shattering it into tiny pieces. I have never considered myself to be an angry person but breaking something gave me this kind of scary adrenalin. I went to the next closest thing in the living room and threw it against the wall. Mr. Delgado got up to try and stop me but I was on a rampage. I broke everything in my path until there was a satisfying pile of broken glass on the floor.

 I looked at Mr. Delgado then back at the glass pile. "Ya have to help me clean this up my parents will kill me if they see this mess." Mr. Delgado stared at me with sadness in his eyes. I realized what I had said and broke down. I turned around and punched the wall trying to stop every tear that escaped my eyes. Mr. Delgado was yelling trying to get me to stop but his words just sounded like a rushing in my ears. He grabbed my arms and tugged them so I was facing him.

 "Their gone Jericho punching the wall isn't gonna bring them back."

 I glared into his eyes why he couldn't he go pick them up at the airport why were they even in that freakin taxi.

 "Don't touch me." I hissed pulling my arms out of his grasp. "Why didn't you go pick them up?" I mumbled.

 "What?" he asked looking at me in shock.

 Why didn't you go pick them up? They were already making the sacrifice of flying to go see you guys and you couldn't even pick them up from the airport!"

 "You don't think I offered to pick them up. Hell my wife and I even offered to fly out but your parents insisted that they would fly out and they would take a taxi."

 I   should have known my parents were very independent people. I feeling blood run down my finger tips and drip onto the floor.

"What do I do now?" I asked M. Delgado my voice clogged with tears.

 "That's what I came here for your parents and I agreed that if anything had happened to any one of us we would take of their child or children so they wouldn't have to go back to their old country."

 So this guy was saying that instead of going back to England to live with another part of my family he was going to take me in. I wanted to stay in America but I also wanted to stay in Oregon except my only way to stay in America was to move in with Mr. Delgado.

 "So I have to leave my home and come live with you and your wife?"

 You have a week to pack and say your goodbyes, but, this is your only choice I'm very sorry."

 "Yeah so am I." I mumbled heading up to my room and leaving Mr. Delgado in the living room.

 Back on the plane

  "Well here we are." Mr. Delgado said standing up out of his seat. 

I sighed unbuckling my seat belt and standing up next to him. We got off the plane and went to get our luggage. We managed to stuff everything that I wanted from the apartment into four suit cases and one duffel bag. All Mr. Delgado brought with him was a duffel bag. We each grabbed to suit cases and one duffel bag. We walked outside and saw a SUV screech into the airport parking lot.

 "And that would be my wife." Mr. Delgado mumbled as he started towards the car.

 I followed after him dragging my feet. Mrs. Delgado popped out of the driver's side and came running to us she gave Mr. Delgado a hug before turning to me. "Jericho you've grown so much last time I saw you, you were just a baby." Mrs. Delgado was a medium height woman with long brown hair down to her elbows. She embraced me in a hug before I could even comprehend what she was talking about.

 So apparently I've met these people before. When she let me go I just kept walking to the car and didn't say anything.

 I climbed into the back seat of their car after we finished loading all my stuff. Mr. and Mrs. Delgado switched places so that he was driving. We rode in silence for awhile until Mrs. Delgado turned to her husband.

 "Have you told him yet?"

 By him I'm assuming they were talking about me.

 "No." Mr. Delgado answered simply.

 "When were you planning on telling him?"

Mr. Delgado didn't say anything.

 "Tell me what?" I asked staring out the window.

 No one answered me.

 That was the first time Mr. Delgado has heard me talk since he told me about my parents, and this was the first time Mrs. Delgado has ever heard me talk so somebody better answer me.

 "Tell me what?" I asked again.

 Finally Mr. Delgado Started talking. "Jericho I didn't tell you this before cause it really didn't seem like you wanted to talk to me but, son, I have nine daughters."

*************************************************************

BAM!!!!!! Left you guys with a cliffhanger. See you next chapter XD.