Chapter 38: High

A/N: I hope you all enjoy! 

Alexis' Pov:

I found him in the media room, it is quiet and bright, yet smokey from Corciel's third blunt being lit. The room is large, with beige and white walls, the biggest TV I have ever seen on the wall surrounded by shelves of movies, and surround sound embedded in the walls.

Corciel sat on a black long couch that took up the back wall, there is an ottoman off to the left of him, holding the tray of blunts and his ashtray. His eyes were closed to the world as he continued to smoke, relaxing further into the plush seat.

My eyes greedily took in his body, the way his muscles moved, his skin shifted, the slow rise and fall of his chest. Inevitably my eyes landed on his now tucked away erection straining against his boxers.

"Corciel", I called out his name in a breathless plea, hoping to catch his attention.

He didn't react aside from his bulge jumping in his boxers, this made a smirk curled on my lips. I dropped myself to my knees and crawled over to Corciel.

Maybe he left because he knew he'd give in before he got what he wanted. I kept my eyes on him, my smirk growing as he opened his eyes just a little, staring at me.

I stopped right in front of him, leaning forward to plant a few kisses on his clothed erection when his voice made me pause, "You don't trust me anymore because I'm a demon and I lied to you."

I pulled my eyebrows together as I refuted his assumption, "No, that's not it."

"Then what is it?", The words were hissed from between clenched teeth.

I turned my head to the right, hiding my face from view, "Why does it matter that I felt fear yesterday? Humans feel all types of things multiple times a day."

"You belong to me, what part of that is confusing? If you feel fear, I want to know so I can eradicate it," He sounded agitated, taking a pull from the blunt between sentences.

My chest felt warm from the words that would sound more romantic if he wasn't so angry at me. I turned to face him again, "I'm sorry."

"You're not going to answer my question," Another assumption as he reached out to trace the column of my throat with his fingertips.

I didn't bother to correct him this time while leaning into his touch like a kitten. As quickly as it was there, it left, I moved closer to him helplessly.

"I didn't think that being with you would be like this," He took another long drag, tilting his head back as his eyes closed again, "It's perfect and terrifying all at the same time."

I crawled onto him, straddling his lap, soaking up his warmth and the fire from his skin. I tucked my head under his chin, resting on his chest.

The sound of multiple heartbeats filling my ears as a peace enveloped me. I felt like I didn't deserve this feeling so I leaned away from him.

Just as I was about to get off of him completely, his heavy, thick arm draped over my waist. I tried to get up despite the added weight, which resulted in his hold gaining strength.

"I'm terrible at this, being a girlfriend", I explained my thoughts before a bubble of dry laughter surfaced.

I lifted a hand, pushing my hair back as I said, "If I am even that since this is a trial run."

"Do you have selective hearing?", He asked me with narrowed eyes before he took a few short drags from the blunt.

I decided to answer him this time, running around in an endless cycle of questions only frustrated both of us at this point, "No, I'm not good with compliments."