Chapter Forty Four

After they left Dumbledore's office, their shoes clicked along the empty, stoned hallways. It was odd, being in Hogwarts when it was empty. All besides three people. Even some of the paintings were empty, off visiting others.

  Delilah felt restless, after so much had happened and so much lied ahead, she didn't know what to do with herself. Tom's hand found purchase in hers as they walked, his thumb running circles into her skin.

  "You know I'm surprised he agreed," he began. "I know he didn't have much choice, considering how stubborn you are but, nonetheless."

  She shook her head, a smile on her lips as she nudged him with her elbow. The late afternoon air was sweet as it blew threw the courtyard, the summer had turned the grass a rich, silky green.

  "When do you suppose he'll have the time turner?" She wondered aloud, her head resting against his arm. Tom bit at his cheek as his mind ran over their meeting. "I'd assume within a day or so."

  "So soon?" She furrowed her brow. If Dumbledore was able to get a time turner within a few days why put her through the trouble of breaking into the Ministry? The thought alone was exhausting and she shook her head, she didn't want anymore stress.

  "He knows our time line is strict, we have to act quickly before Grindelwald gets his hands on another one of the Hallows."

  She hummed as they neared a familiar staircase, craning her neck up she hadn't realized she'd led them to Ravenclaw tower. Delilah turned to Tom, "have you ever been up there?"

  He shook his head and an eager grin broke out on her features, "c'mon. I'm actually a Ravenclaw, you know." Tugging on his hand they began up the stairs. Tom pondered it over for a moment, he guessed her being in the blue and bronze house wasn't surprising.

  "Why were you in Slytherin this go around?"

  They neared the large door as they reached the top of the steps, the large bronze knocker glinting at them. "The Sorting Hat said I was needed," she looked at him over her shoulder, her lips and eyes mischievous. "Do you need me, Tom Riddle?"

  Merlin knows I do, he thought. Instead he just shook his head at her and gestured for her to open the door to the common room. Rolling her eyes, she marched up to the door and a bronze mouth formed, ready to spew a riddle.

"I am loved by many. They tend to enjoy me. Few seek to banish me. None can resist me. By fire I was born. By water I shall burn. By fluids I will heal. In lust shall you trust. What am I?"

She furrowed her brows, that was certainly different. She was about to ask Tom but he stepped next to her, "I'm a Succubus." The sound of a lock clicking greeted their ears and he tugged the door open, gesturing overzealously for her to go first.

"What a gentleman."

"I try by best."

He walked in after her and she stopped in the middle of the common room, a proud smile on her face as she waved her arms around. "Well, do you like it?"

The enchanted, domed ceiling was the first thing to catch his eye. Despite it being the afternoon, the cosmos swirled around, the stars glittering. The walls were a white marble, a dichotomy to the dark wood floors. There was even a miniature library. So different from the dungeons he was used to.