Chapter Thirty

As Delilah turned on the spot, Kings Cross warped away from her, as well as the girl. Before she could process, everything went black. Delilah was being pressed from all directions, she couldn't breathe. It felt like iron bands were tightening around her ribs, constricting her lungs. Her eyes were being pressed into the back her head as her ear drums were being pushed deeper into her skull.

The feeling came and went in the blink of an eye.

Falling to the ground, her hands and knees pressed into a plush rug with a fanciful embroidered design.

A hand was suddenly on her back and she flinched, but when a wave of cigarettes hit her she went still. Tom pulled her into a sitting position on her knees, brushing the hair out of her face and placing his hands on her cheeks, willing Delilah to look at him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" The concern of something went poorly during her apparation occurred to mind, but there didn't appear to be any signs of splinching. Thank Merlin.

Taking deep breaths, Delilah focused on the warmness of his eyes, they appeared to be more open in that moment.

Then she remembered the girl, that bloody red headed Hufflepuff with the Sight.

She desperately wanted to tell someone. Badly. Desperately. Why was this urgency hitting her now? After months. She felt like she was going to explode.

Part of her yearned to tell Tom, get his unique perspective, however she knew she couldn't.

"Nothing. Sorry, just dizzy."

He gave her the look indicating he didn't believe her, but with the narrowing of her eyes, he dropped it.

Since Tom didn't appear to be helping her up any time soon, Elio made his way over and offered his hand.

Smiling at him, he tugged her up lightly and held onto her arms as she caught her balance. "Let's get you a cup of tea."

"Whiskey would be better," she muttered. Her mind was reeling, what the hell was that girl doing at Kings Cross? Had she been following Delilah this whole time without her knowing?

"None of that," Tom chided, "we both know alcohol isn't your friend."

Slapping his arm, Delilah didn't need nor want to remember that dreadfully embarrassing night she showed up to his dormitory. "Shut up."

Having been so preoccupied since she arrived, Delilah had failed to notice the beauty of the foyer they were in. Cain opened large glass doors with gold encrusting that lead out onto a balcony. It was fashioned white marble, intricately carved and flowers seemed to envelope any empty space.

Stepping out, a breeze shifted through her hair and the smell of salt surrounded her. "Where are we exactly?"

"Étretat, it's a small commune, we're on the north coast of France." Lolita let her fingers drift over the flowers, the pedals feeling soft against her palm. "It's beautiful here, you'll love it."

The girls shared a smile and Lolita looped her arm with Delilah, "c'mon, I'll show you around the manor."

Everyone split up when they left the foyer, wanting to pick their favorite room for themselves. Delilah was in awe in each hall she was led down. Everything was so bright yet warm here, a stark contrast to both Avery's Manor and the Malfoy Manor.

The walls were a soft creme white with gold crusting, paintings hung every ten feet, all beautiful portraits or landscapes. The floors were a dark hard wood, and running throughout the middle was a light gray, almost purple carpet with gold weavings.