°eighteen°

"You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?"

○○○○

Ronnie jolted awake, not knowing where she was for a moment, until she saw the photo of Sam and Emily on the side table. She looked down and saw she was covered in blood, and then she was reminded; Bella is dead.

Refreshed and cleaned from the shower, Ronnie changed into the clothes Emily left for her. Heading down to the kitchen, she could hear some of them talk. "V!" Embry was the first to notice her. He got up and gave her a tight hug.

"Hey, Em." She quietly said, looking to the couch, where she saw the newest members of the pack; Collin and Brady. "Shouldn't they be in school?"

"Sam is kind of like the pack dad, and he said we could take today off." Collin laughed, earning a frown from Sam.

"Want some breakfast?" Paul asked, walking towards her.

"Uh, no, thanks." She smiled at him. "Thank you for bringing me back here last night."

"You don't need to thank me." Paul shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm actually gonna head out now." Ronnie started to make her way to the door. "I'll see you guys-"

"Where are you going, V?" Quil asked, looking at Embry.

"For a walk." She lied.

"You can't fool us." Paul said, concerned.

"Fine," She sighed. "I'm going to give Edward a visit. And before anyone asks, no, no one is allowed to come with me."

"Please tell me you're not going over there to kill him, Ron." Paul argued.

"Okay, I'm not going to tell you then." She rolled her eyes.

"Wait up, then." Embry said, getting off his chair, followed by Quil. "You'll need back up."

"Did you not just hear what I said?" Ronnie scoffed. "No one is coming with me."

"And when have I ever done what you've said?" Embry joked as they joined her at the door. "Anyway, when you kill Edward, the others will attack you. This means Quil and I can defend you."

"Veronica doesn't want any of us to go with her, because she knows she's not coming back." Sam said, looking around at everyone.

"Finally!" Ronnie threw her hands in the air. "Someone who gets it."

"I'm not letting you walk to your death over there." Paul shook his head.

"Lucky I'm not asking for permission." Ronnie rolled her eyes once again. "Avenge me tomorrow or whatever. I don't care." She stepped closer to Paul, putting her hand on his cheek. "I love you."