°four°

“Sorry, is that a grey hair I see?”

Sorry, is that a grey hair I see?

(Fievel Stewart as Kim!)

○○○○ 

“I can’t believe you actually got her a present.” Embry laughed as Ronnie pulled up at Kim’s house.

“What?” Ronnie asked as she grabbed the present and got out of the truck. “None of you guys told me if it was her birthday or not, and I was so not turning up at a stranger’s party, not even invited, without a present.”

“You know, her tactics are actually pretty good.” Quil laughed. “What’d you get her?”

“A candle.” Ronnie shook the present, raising an eyebrow as the two boys looked confused. “You two really don’t know women. We love candles, especially nice scented ones, which this one does.” The closer they got to the door, the louder the music got. “Okay, rules…”

“Ugh!” The pair said in sync.

Ronnie sighed. “If any of you drink, please don’t go mad, ‘cause I don’t think Charlie would appreciate two drunk guys in his daughter’s bedroom tonight.”

“Got it, mom!” Quil threw a thumbs up as she rang the doorbell.

The door opened and out came Kim, with a huge smile on her face. “Quily!” She pulled him into a hug, and then turned to Embry. “There’s the best chemistry partner!” As she released Embry from a tight hug, he looked at Ronnie and the pair tried not to laugh.

“Jesus, Kim, you’re already drunk. Hope you kept some beer for us.” Embry laughed, as he pulled Ronnie to the front. “Oh, this is Veronica.”

“Oh, Veronica!” Without warning, Kim pulled her into a hug. “I’ve heard so much about you.” Releasing her from the hug, Kim moved her face extremely close to Ronnie’s. “I know we’re going to be great friends!”

“Uh, I brought you a present…” Ronnie awkwardly said, lifting the candle up. “It’s a candle.”

“I freaking LOVE candles!” Kim took the present off Ronnie, while grabbing her hand, pulling her inside. Ronnie turned back to Embry and stuck her tongue out at him. “So, the boys will most likely know everyone here. It’s basically just people from our grade and my boyfriend.”

“Jared.” Ronnie said quietly.

“Yeah!” Kim excitedly said at the mention of his name. “He’s around here somewhere. Anyway, there’s a ton of food and drink in the kitchen. Some of the guys have moved the furniture to make it easier to dance and the bathroom is down the hall to the left.”

“Uh, great.” Ronnie nodded her head as she turned to see both Quil and Embry talking to some of their friends. “I just wanted to say thanks, for letting me gatecrash.”