Quotes- Let's talk

1. "Looking in my mirror, I wiped my eyes and managed to put a smile on my face so it wouldn't be obvious that I'd been crying."

Bully victims often think that they have to handle bullying on their own.

2. "To them it was any other normal school day, but to me it was another year of hell."

Most parents or guardians don't know their child is being bullied.

3. "I unlocked my phone and my heart sank as I read the message."

The effects of bullying are serious. Bullying hurts by making people feel alone, sad, sick and more.

4. "The hallways were beginning to get crowded, I looked down trying to stay unnoticed. "

Bully victims will always try to remain unseen so they are not noticed by their bully.

5. "Mya and Vivian grabbed my shoulders pinning me to my locker, so I was facing Camila."

Others join in the bullying once it has begun.

6. "it was bad enough that they my other classmates around the lockers erupted into laughter."

Sometimes people don't say or do anything, they might just play along as they are afraid they will be bullied as well.

7. "Girls let her go" Camila said, which made Mya and Vivian let go of my arms."

Sometimes others side with the bully so that they are not singled out and picked on.

8. "The whole class was now looking at us, they knew what had been going on and were curious to see what was going to happen."

Bystanders- those who watch bullying happen or hear about it.

9. "I felt so down and upset. he only wanted to help, but I pushed him away."

Sometimes bully victims think getting help could make the situation worse.

10. "this was the only way I could avoid Camila, by waiting in the bathroom till lunch was over and eating my food there too."

Sometimes bully victims may have to find extreme ways to avoid their bullies.

11. "Honey are you okay? I got a few calls from a few of your teachers and they told me your grades were starting to slip."

Bullying has a huge effect on the academic performance of a bully victim as their interest in school is reduced and they have no motivation to learn.

12. "Gosh mum just leave me alone and mind your own business." I shouted cutting her off."

Regular exposure to humiliation, hurt and social isolation may cause bully victims to sink deeper into a world of their own.

13. "No matter how much I tried to ignore their insults and comments, I was starting to believe I was useless and not needed in this world."

Bullying starts to have an effect on victims emotionally and psychologically.

14. "If I didn't eat, there was no way she could call me fat."

Hurtful words cause bully victims to hurt themselves.

15. "No one helped me, they either looked away and walked off or laughed with Camila and her friends."

Bystanders may not like to get involved as they may fear getting hurt or becoming another victim.

16. "I quickly minimised the hate website that was sent to me and deleted the messages as the footsteps neared my room."

Bully victims may become secretive and may hide threats.

17. "I'd been warned not to ask for help, if I asked for help, they'd hurt me more."

Bully victims believe if they tell parents or teachers would intervene, making the problem worse.

18. "I dread waking up to go to school, I dread waking up at all "

Bully victims end up suffering from depression, anxiety, sadness and loneliness.

19. "I never knew you'd actually do it, I didn't know I really hurt you and now you might not even come back. I can't even tell you I'm sorry."

Sometime bullies may realise the consequences of their actions when it's too late. Most bullies suffer from insecurity or may be dealing with issues and don't know how to handle them and may lash out in anger or resort to violence.

20. "Seeing these posters of you plastered across the school makes me feel mad, why do they notice now? Why are they making you cards and signing it?"

Bystanders have the power to play a key role in preventing or stopping bullying, but may not because they don't want to draw attention to themselves or they just don't know what to do. Bystanders may feel a sense of regret if something was to go wrong.

21. "I'm all alone now, the girls have Ieft me."

Bullies may be left on their own, when something goes wrong. Their followers may leave them to face the trouble alone.

22. "After the ceremony, I most especially couldn't take my eyes off my mum, she looked so proud of me."

Bully victims, please stay strong you never know what the future has in store for you. Don't do permanent damage to yourselves, speak up before the situation get worse.