Prologue

Why did it end up like this?

Sougo thought as he stared at the night sky, the inky canopy of endless abyss with tiny freckles of sparkle, the stars shined brightly above him and filled the sky with light. He watches those tiny little white specks of dots with calmness while sitting at the edge of the compounds engawa with his sword right next to him.

Usually he would be sleeping at this hour with his sleeping mask on...but right now he doesn't feel like it. Aside from sougo, all of the members of the shinsengumi are asleep in their quarters, except for one. A man wearing a black yukata with a cancer stick in his mouth.

"Oi Sougo, why are you still up at this hour? is something wrong?" Hijikata asked while walking towards the sandy-haired man.

"Die Hijibaka-san" Sougo said, not sparing a glance to the mayo addict.

"YOU DIE FIRST, YOU BASTARD!!!" Hijikata yelled

"Can you stop yelling, there are people trying to sleep" Sougo said with a deadpanned voice

"Tsk, whatever" Hijikata sat next to sougo with a safe distance between them. "So, what is it really that is keeping the prince of the planet of the sadist awake?" Hijikata asked, even though he knew the answer just by looking at his face.

"Does it even matter?" Sougo replied. Seeing his usual deadpanned face, he noticed a glimpse of emotion in his eyes. An emotion he has seen before and is all to familiar with. Longing. He knew who that sadist was thinking about, as he always observed the bastard's interaction with a certain girl with vermillion locks.

"Heh, well, now you know how I felt before" Hijikata mused as he removed his cigarette, "In the end, we're both the same people". Sougo glared at him, knowing what he meant by that but quickly resume gazing at the night sky.

He hates to admit it, but hijikata was right. He couldn't argue with that. "Did you come here just to annoy me? Oh wait, you always annoyed me, so you probably have a death wish." Sougo was getting mad because of hijikata pointing out to him that he repeated his superior's mistakes.

"Tsk, you bastard, Here I was gonna help you with your little dilemma"

"Your very existence is my dilemma, if you want to help you can just hang yourself along with your disgusting mayonnaise addiction."

"Hey, Just so you know mayonnaise is a gift from god and makes every food taste even better! Hijikata growled

"Yeah yeah whatever and I can fly" Sougo said sarcastically, still not taking his eyes of the abyss. He couldn't help but feel as though something was missing, but it was his fault that it was now out of reach, when it was right in front of him he decided to pushed itfarther away from him. How he regretted everything.

"I'm going back to bed." Hijikata stood up, making his way back to his room. "You should stop sulking like a loser over there, I know it hurts but you have to get over it. Though I didn't expect that your bloody sins would be the reason for you to push her away" Sougo stiffened at what his vice-chief just said. "I didn't want this to happen." Sougo mewled as his darkened trying to stop his tears from falling.

"Then why did you say no?" Hijikata looked back at him.

"Doesn't matter anymore, she probably hates me now."

"I'll leave you alone for now. You better not stay up alright sougo?"

Sougo didn't respond then hijikata left.

"I wonder what you're doing right now?" His eyes twinkled by the starlight.

"How long has it been, 2 years?"

"I haven't forgotten about you, do you still remember me?" He never takes his eyes off from the night sky.

"I remember, aru." There up in space, kagura said to someone next to her.

"Remember what?" The man next to her said as he looked at the vermillion girl.

"Papi is looking for us." Kagura said as she walks through the halls.

"Should we go there?"

"How about later, It's probably not important. Do you want to go, aru?"

"Nahhh, I'd rather stay here with you." The man said and intertwined his fingers with her.

"Ewwwww, that's so cheesy, aru." Kagura said but she didn't pull her hand away.

"Are you forgetting something else?" The man asked and kagura gave him a confused look. "No, why?" He smirked and leaned to kagura's face a few inches apart.

"No reason." He then closed the distance between them and locked their lips together. Kagura froze for a bit but returned the sweet kiss.

Little did sougo know, that she already has someone else.

Are you lonely up there? Cause I am without you here.
~Sougo