Chapter 9

"Could you pretend like it never happened?"

Sougo's eyes widen in shock at what she said. What was kagura trying to imply?

"Why?" He asked her

"Whenever I think about it, it annoys the hell out of me. Haha, that was so stupid of me." Kagura awkwardly laughed while sougo just looked at her.

"After thinking about it, I realize that I didn't actually liked you." His heart sank at what she just said but remained silent as she continued talking.

"I hate you so much, it was stupid of me to think that I have feelings for you." Now sougo was clenching his fist until his knuckles turned white. What she was saying just hurts a little too much.

"I mean you, the infamous sadist of edo, no, the entire world, was the one I fell in love with, haha what a joke." Kagura said teasingly but before she could say any more words sougo stop her by covering her mouth with his hand.

"Stop..... You said too much now.... " His voice was a little low than usual but his eyes held an emotion that was rarely seen from him.

There was a brief moment of silence and after a few seconds Sougo spoke up.

"What change your mind?" Sougo asked

"Why do you want to know?" Kagura said while twirling her umbrella.

"Just curious." Sougo shrugged his shoulders.

Before Kagura was given a chance to speak, she was suddenly cut off by Hijikata.

"So this is where you were." Hijikata with his cancer stick placed in his mouth said as he approached the two.

"Oh, Mayora!" Then Kagura immediately went to him with a smile  on her face.

"Watcha doin' here?" Kagura asked.

"Your Gin-chan is asking for you, says you got a visitor." Hijikata said

"A visitor? But I just got back." With a confused face, kagura asked again.

"Think their an old friend of yours. You should head back plus I need Sougo for a job." Hijikata looked over Sougo who was behind Kagura. Sougo had a dead blank look on his face.

"Argh fine! Guess I'll explore Kabuki tomorrow." Kagura turned to sougo.

"Thenn.... See ya Sadist!" She awkwardly saluted at him for no reason and strolled away.

'The fuck did I just salute at him???' Kagura said with blushing face embarrassed.

The two men watched her figure as it disappeared in the crowd. The older man looked at sougo and asked what's wrong.

"None of ya busines." (¬_¬) {sougo's face}

"Hey I'm asking nicely here." Hijikata retorted.

Sougo didn't reply but just went along with Hijikata.

"Thought you'd be more happy seeing the china girl back." Hijikata asked as they got inside the police car.

(.......Silence......)

"I know it's not my business but I just want to help." Hijikata said to break the silence

"That's not gonna stop me from making you suffer, Hijikata-san. And I don't wanna owe you or something."

"Fine! Suit yourself geezz....." Finally giving up, Hijikata continued driving

A moment of silence floated inside the car before Sougo said.