Avengers

After I talk with Fury, I walk to my room for a shower. I didn't need to know about Natasha's interrogation; I saw her strategy playing out in her mind. She will be playing a victim to find out why Loki is here. I know Thor and Steve have questions for me, but honestly, I couldn't care less about answering them. After I shower, I get dressed in one of the more professional SHIELD suits. I walk down to the firing range and pull out my knives. I currently have two blades in my hand, prepared to throw when I hear the door open. I cast a glance over my shoulder, and I see Thor; he looks hesitant to approach me but does so nonetheless.

"Hello Nikolina, you throw very well with those," Thor compliments me while looking down at the target with four knives sticking out of the bulls-eye. I look at him and study his posture, his body telling me he is wary of me; his hands are slightly fidgeting, waiting for an attack to happen.

"Thanks." My short reply cut across the awkward silence, and we stare into each other's eyes for a good minute when suddenly I throw my arm back and release the knives in my hand. I see Thor flinch harshly at how quickly my hands move and then look at the target, the blades in the bulls-eye again. I continue to look at him as I walk back toward the target; Thor follows me down the lane and helps me pull out my knives.

"I have a question for you, Nikolina." He hands me two of my knives that he pulls from the wall; I quirk my eyebrow before shrugging my shoulders slightly.

"Okay. Shoot." A look of confusion covers his face, his mind trying to figure out what my words meant before resuming his question.

"Your powers," Thor can say those two words before my sassiness takes over.

"Mhm. Congratulations! You realize I have powers." He lets out a huff of amusement before looking at me seriously again.

"How did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?" I ponder over his question in my head, wondering if I should tell him the truth or not.

"An organization named HYDRA kidnapped me as a child and experimented on me." I give him a vague answer, but I see rage, worry, and pity flash through his eyes.

I'm not too fond of the look of pity that runs across his face. I have never been one to understand emotions, probably because HYDRA beat the feelings out of me. If I wanted a person's pity, I would give them a sob story that wasn't true. Playing with a person's emotions is the best way to get what you want.

"What about SHIELD? What happened to the people who experimented with you?"

"No, not with, on, they experimented ON me, and as for SHIELD, found me and offered me a job instead of killing me." That was all I was going to tell him. Thor didn't need to know everything about me, at least not yet.

"Is that why your file has restricted parts in it? Because of what happened to you?"

I smirk, and a dark look floods my eyes. "No, the reason my file is restricted so tightly is that of how powerful I am, and SHIELD fears what would happen if people knew who I was," I said all of that in an ominous tone that caused Thor to stiffen and shiver out of fear.

I open my mouth to say something, but Fury's voice comes online in my earpiece. "Head to the lab and bring Thor with you. Banner is Loki's play." I sigh and look at Thor; I place all my knives in their respective spots on my suit and check my guns to ensure they have ammo before motioning to Thor to follow me. He and I make our way down to the lab and walk in to see everyone already there. Tony and Steve are fighting about something I expected to happen sooner rather than later. I am tuning out everyone trying to figure out Loki's plan when I see Bruce grab Loki's scepter.