Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I have been working on assignments for SHIELD. I have been on my solo missions for a while before Fury places me with Clint and Natasha, as they are some of the best agents. I am working with a new team, STRIKE, containing Cap, Nat, and some dickhead named Rumlow. I am currently walking out of my house and to my motorcycle when I get a message telling me I have a mission.

'Report to SHIELD. Team: STRIKE'

I see the message is from Fury, letting out a deep sigh in response and placing my helmet on. I grab my phone and check the time; Steve will still be running at the Constitutional Gardens; with the destination in mind, I roar my motorcycle to life and speed down the driveway and onto the road.

I glide through traffic, weaving in and out of all the lanes, the wind whipping my hair behind me and adrenaline running hot through my veins. I start driving around the National Mall and make my way towards the Gardens, making my bike jump the curb onto the sidewalk when I look toward the two men standing next to a tree. I prop my bike on the kickstand and swing my leg over my bike.

"Hello, boys. I am looking for a ninety-something-year-old grandpa. You see one?" I tease Steve with a smirk when I finally saunter my way up to Steve and some guy I don't know.

Steve looks at me with a smirk, "You are so funny. You should go into comedy."

I lightly chuckle while prodding him with my elbow, "Now, who's the funny one." I turn my body toward the unknown man and nod, "Who are you?"

"Sam Wilson." I nod my head and open my mouth, "I'm-"

"You don't have to tell me how you are. Everyone knows how you are, Nikolina Volkova." I raise an eyebrow at him, and a small smile graces my face.

"I'm flattered," I say dryly; my attention is soon drawn to Steve again.

"Nikki, what are you doing here?" I hear his phone ding signaling a message.

I point my finger directly at it, "Mission." I blandly vocalize while grabbing the key to my bike and walking back to the glorious motorcycle.

My heels click hard against the cement as we all begin making our way to the curb; a black Corvette drives up to the curb and unrolls the window. "You didn't want to park like a normal person, Nikki?"

I bend at the waist lightly and peer through the window, "Now, where is the fun in that, Nat."

Straddling the bike, the familiar low rumble of the engine idling between my legs as I wait for Steve and Nat to finish their conversation; getting impatient, I lean against the top curve of the bike while revving the engine. Steve takes the cue and hops into the Corvette; he says something to Sam before the engine roars. They pull away from the curb and speed off, giving Sam a two-finger salute as I race past him. I come up behind the Corvette and swerve to the right side. Steve shakes his head at me while laughing, and I give them the middle finger before weaving my way through the traffic to the SHIELD building.

I pull into the parking garage and put my bike in my designated parking area next to Nat's and Steve's. As I put the kickstand on the ground, an engine roars, filling the parking garage; Natasha pulls up right next to me. I grab the bag from the bike's back and search the contents to find my badge. I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk to the door that leads into SHIELD.

Steve and Natasha walk on either of my sides as we make our way to the badge scanner; we huddle into the elevator and command it to take us to the mission-ready floor. We enter our changing rooms, and Natasha and I go to our cubbies for our uniforms.

"What are you thinking about, Nik?" Nat asks me as I pull my tank top over my head, the cold air causing goosebumps to appear.

"What do you mean? I'm not thinking about anything?" Hearing a scuff behind me, I turn my head to look over at the redhead.