Captain America: The Winter Soldier

"So, where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Nat inquiries from the backseat of the now stolen truck.

I lightly chuckle with my feet up on the dashboard, "Good point, Nat. Care to elaborate, Captain?"

"Nazi Germany," Steve dryly reveals while glancing at me, his left hand resting comfortably on the steering wheel and the other on the gear shift. "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash, Nikki. Nat, feet of the seat." I smirk at him and share a look while the fellow spy.

"All right." At the same time, my legs bend to give me enough room to place my feet on the floor.

Natasha suddenly props herself between the two front seats, her elbows resting at the top of our places. "All right, I have a question for you," she turns her attention to the super-soldier, and I watch the
interaction with interest, "which you do not have to answer. But I feel if you don't answer it, though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" I furrow my eyebrows while listening to her talk.

"What?" Steve asks while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" A smirk slowly comes across her face, and my interest peaks, intently staring at Steve, waiting for the answer.

"Why do you want to know?" I can see a slight blush creeping into Steve's cheeks; I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling.

"Well, for starters, you couldn't keep your eyes off of Nikki. That and you blushed when she kissed you." The spy is making the soldier more and more uncomfortable.

"Nat, leave him alone." I chime in as I watch Steve squirm slightly in discomfort.

Steve looks at me out of his eye, "That bad, huh?"

I lean my head against the headrest before staring at the side of Steve's face, "I never said that." I sing aloud to the car.

"It kind of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"Take it easy," Nat interrupts, "I was just wondering how much practice you have had."

I roll my eyes at her statement, "You don't need practice." Steve tells her before I open my mouth.

She looks at him intently, "Everybody needs practice."

"No, that was not my first kiss since 1945," Steve finally announces, looking very proud of himself, "I'm 95, not dead." I snort lightly at his comment before returning to the road.

"Nobody special, though?" Nat asks out of curiosity. I look straight ahead, but I feel both Steve and Natasha looking at me.

Steve scoffs at the question, "Believe it or not, it is kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"Well, that's all right. You just make something up." I tell him while keeping my eyes on the road.

"What? Like you two?" I don't know why that question hurts me, but it does.

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances; it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither are we." Natasha explains, unconcerned about the truth about us.

"That's a hard way to live," Steve comments after a brief moment of silence.

I look out the passenger side window, "It's a good way not to die, though." I muse unabashedly.

"You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that person is." Steve joins in with a look at both of us.

"Yeah," I suffer a sigh at the end of my words, "Who do you want us to be?" Natasha finishes my sentence for me.