Part Three- What Wise Tales These Must Be

"Mama, I want to hear what happened with the Captain!" The little girl yelled.

"Of course, but have you brushed your teeth?" The mother asked. The little girl nodded her head and her braids swung around. "Alright, then get into bed." The little girl leaped into her bed and snuggle Sunderland the covers. She pulled them up to her chin and looked at her mother with wide eyes.

"Now will you tell me what happened?"

"What happened?"

"No! With the Captain!"

"You mean a deadly pirate? Or a trader?"

"The trader! And the princess! And the Queen! And, and-"

"Hush, listen little one," the mother said gently. She curled around her daughter, holding her tightly. "Are you ready to hear what happened?" The girl nodded.

When the Queen heard of the Captain's quest, she knew he had to stop him. After the Captain was banished from the kingdom, he traveled far and wide. He climbed mountains filled with piles of snow and he sailed black seas with monsters. He searched for a witch. For he knew, to deafest the Queen and gain the princess's memories, he needed the help of magic.

"Magic! Wow!" Breathed the girl.

"Yes, it was magic that could help. Listen." The mother continued her story.

He found a witch hidden in a forest. Together they returned to the Queen. With magic in the witch's hands and love in the Captain's heart, they fought the Queen. The battle was terrible. Blood was shed and buildings crumpled. Dragons fled the lands for the war was too great. Villages were flattened and people had fled their home. But still the Queen was undefeated.

"Alright honey, until tomorrow night," the mother whispered, kissing the little girl's forehead. She silently slipped out of bed and left the room.