Chapter Nineteen - Kitchen Catastrophes

You made your way home from the park almost two hours later, Hansol's number in your phone for future playdates. Each of your hybrids was well tired out, Jimin's eyes drooping as he waved goodbye to the others in the park. You held his hand, smiling and cooing at the sleepy corgi when he let his head rest on your shoulder. 

Seokjin held Taehyung and Hoseok each by the hand, not wanting to risk the overexcited dogs wriggling away from the group and getting lost on the way home. Namjoon walked beside you, taking the keys from you and opening the door for the group. You smiled, thanking the wolf hybrid and hanging the keys up on their hook. 

You looked over towards the couch, seeing that Yoongi and Jungkook were both fast asleep, the young bunny hybrid tucked into Yoongi's chest while Yoongi's head rested on the bunny's shoulder. You pulled out your phone, snapping a quick picture and tapping the heart, adding it to your favorites folder. Jin peered over your shoulder at the screen, giggling at the picture and resting his forehead against your cheek. You closed your eyes, humming when he burrowed his face into your shoulder. 

Taehyung approached the two sleeping hybrids on the couch, grinning when he saw that Yoongi's tail was resting limply on the cushions beside him. You were too late to stop him, having to watch as the dog hybrid tugged sharply on Yoongi's tail and the panther's eyes shot open. 

A soft growl escaped Yoongi's lips and Jungkook's ears raised, his eyes blinking open sleepily as Yoongi put two and two together.

"Taehyung, you little-" Yoongi made to stand and chase after the giggly dog hybrid but Namjoon caught Taehyung, scolding him lightly for teasing Yoongi. The panther just mumbled grumpily, settling back down on the couch and pouting. You walked over to the couch, gently pinching Yoongi's cheek and cooing when he blushed. 

Jungkook's ears twitched at the sound and you laid a hand on one of them, gently petting the soft fur and smiling when he blinked his eyes open again. You giggled when he leaned his head into your hand, scratching the base of his ear.

"Y/N?" You turned your head, seeing Jimin standing beside you and fiddling with his hands, "Can I have some water please? I'm thirsty."

You nodded, "Of course! I'm sorry, I didn't really think about that. Here, come with me."

You lead Jimin into the kitchen, getting a glass down and filling it up with ice water. You handed it to the corgi hybrid, smiling when he thanked you.

"I'm glad you had fun at the park! What should we do now?" You peeked your head out from the kitchen doorway, seeing the boys all scattered somewhere around the living room. 

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Can we sleep?" 

Two different responses came from Hoseok and Jimin and you smiled, laughing fondly at them.

"We can do both. I'll put on a movie, and whoever wants to can fall asleep."

"Okay!" Hoseok dove down to grab a seat on the couch and you took the seat next to him, letting Seokjin curl up on your other side. Jimin tried sitting in Seokjin's lap but the panda hybrid pushed him off and into yours, and you wrapped your arms around the sleepy corgi. You grabbed the remote, clicking the television on and clicking on Toy Story. 

Seokjin reached over for a blanket, draping it over you, Jimin, and himself. Jimin quickly shifted into a little corgi and you wrapped your arms around the small dog in your lap, rubbing behind his ears and resting your head on Seokjin's shoulder as the movie began. 

You felt yourself drifting off to sleep while the movie played, letting Seokjin's shoulder be your pillow as you succumbed to sleep. 

--

"Shut up, idiot! You're gonna wake them up!" Taehyung hissed, smacking Hoseok's arm as the samoyed hybrid rummaged around in the freezer. 

"I'm trying, shut up!" Hoseok found a box similar to the one you'd brought out the last night, seeing that it was also a frozen pizza.

"Okay. All they did, was they pressed these numbers," Hoseok pointed to the 325 degrees instructions on the pizza box, "On there, then put this inside. We can do that."

Taehyung nodded, pushing the buttons and starting the oven. In his eagerness to get dinner ready without being asked or being helped, forgot to take the plastic off of the pizza, and didn't quite know that the oven had to be fully preheated before the pizza went inside. So, the plastic-wrapped pizza went into the oven at 20 degrees, neither hybrid remembering to set a timer for it either. 

--

You awoke slowly, but surely, to the smell of something burning. That was never a good thing to wake up to in your home. You lifted your head from off of Seokjin's shoulder, setting Jimin in Seokjin's lap and padding into the kitchen. No one was in the kitchen, but smoke was practically billowing out of the oven and you coughed, rushing forwards to turn it off and open it.

What laid inside looked like it used to be a pizza. But melted plastic dripped over every inch of it, sticking to the dough and cheese and ruining the meal. You sighed, fanning the smoke out of the way of the oven and taking the pizza out with an oven mitt. You let it sit on the stove top for a moment, cooling it down before you were going to throw it in the garbage.

"Hi Y/N! we made pizza for dinner." Hoseok ducked into the kitchen, smiling excitedly at you. You merely stared tiredly back.

"You have to take the plastic off of the pizza first."

"Oh." Hoseok's ears flapped down and he frowned, leaning closer to look at the ruined pizza on the stove.

"Can we still eat it?" He cocked his head to the side and you laughed.

"You want to eat that? It looks like garbage. It is garbage, actually, I'm gonna toss it and we can go for takeout instead."

"I'm sorry Y/N! I didn't mean to ruin it." You sighed, stepping forwards to hug Hoseok. He burrowed his face into your shoulder, tail wagging behind him when you scratched behind his ears.

"It's okay. Just never cook again, okay?"

"Okay."

(A/N: Ngl wrote a scene where Hoseok and Taehyung put a cucumber behind Yoongi and he lost his mind but I cut it out :')     )