Chapter Five - Dinner and a Movie

You turned on the oven, preheating it to three-hundred and twenty-five degrees. You pulled a frozen pizza out of the freezer, unwrapping it and setting it on the pizza stone that you usually stored in the oven. You heard muffled footsteps as you set up the pizza, arms wrapping around your waist and a head resting on your shoulder. You turned your head as much as you could, seeing Taehyung's smile and shooting him a smile back. He reached for one of the pepperoni slices atop the pizza, but you acted fast and slid your hand underneath his, lacing your fingers together instead.

You heard his breath hitch before he let out a whimper, a happy one. He leaned his head to the side, pushing it into yours and nuzzling his nose against your cheek. He swiped his tongue across your jaw, once, twice, and nipped at your chin. You were still getting used to the level of animal-like affection that you received from one hybrid, and seven was putting you into a state of semi-overload, but it was a positive thing, you were already starting to crave more.

The oven beeped before you could do anything and you broke away from Taehyung's embrace to slide the pizza stone into the oven and close the door again. You set a timer for the food, grabbing Taehyung's hand and leading him back out into the living room. The others were already sat there, Jungkook having claimed his spot in Yoongi's lap once again. The older man was smaller than the youngest and it looked quite ridiculous as the tall bunny perched on the panther's lap.

Jungkook saw you coming in, scrambling off of Yoongi's lap and trotting over to you. He gave you a toothy grin, sitting on the edge of the couch closest to you and opening his arms. When you made a move to sit next to him however, he grabbed your wrist, pulling you down to land on his lap with a thump. You yelped in surprise and Yoongi took the opportunity to stretch out, no longer being squished into the couch by the bunny boy. But, Hoseok leapt up from his spot on the floor, coming to rest on Yoongi's lap instead.

The older man groaned, but made no attempt to shove the younger off. You wriggled in Jungkook's strong hold, finally sliding yourself in between his spread legs on the couch. He pouted slightly as you were no longer on his lap but he wrapped his arms around you anyways, fitting his head in the crook of your neck. You blushed wildly, trying to ignore it and Namjoon scooted over to you, laying his head back in your lap. You reached forwards, tangling your hands in his slightly messy hair, caressing the soft furry wolf ears that lay there. He let out a slight growl at the sensation which scared you a bit but you continued seeing as he had completely relaxed under your touch.

Jimin and Taehyung were play fighting on the floor, little growls and grunts coming from each of them every so often. Jimin pinned Taehyung to the rug but the taller man overpowered the corgi and lunged forwards, flipping Jimin onto his back and letting his head land in Namjoon's lap. The wolf's hands shot out to steady Jimin as he fell, pulling him into his embrace completely and leaving Taehyung pouting on the rug.

The timer dinged, Jin hopping up to follow you into the kitchen. He took the oven mitt from you, offering you a warm smile as he opened the hot oven and gripped the pizza stone. He took the stone out, setting it on top of the oven and sliding the mitt off. You only realized that you had been staring at his dark eye circles from his panda DNA when he gave you a slightly sad smile.

"They're weird, aren't they? I wish I didn't have them." His gaze dropped to the floor but you rushed towards him, wrapping him up in, dare you say, a bear hug.

"What are you talking about?! They're so cute, I love them!" You lightly ran your finger over the markings, tracing the circles and lightly gasping when his eyes fluttered shut. He looked so angelic, so ethereal, you weren't sure it was legally allowed to look that good. You cupped his cheeks, bringing his head down a little bit so that you could press a kiss to each of his eyelids. The black markings covered his eyelids as well as the area around them, and you also admired the little panda ears that sat on his head. One of them twitched lightly before he opened his eyes again, peering over your shoulder and shooting a playful glare at the doorway. You turned, seeing Hoseok with a heart-shaped grin on his face watching the two of you.

"I want some too!" He rushed forwards, dipping his head down and baring his forehead which you gently placed a kiss on. He giggled, tail whipping back and forth behind him. You turned back to the pizza, slicing it into ten large slices and plating eight of them. You kept one for yourself, passing out the plates to everyone in the living room and the kitchen. They each thanked you, smiles and squeals thrown your way as you gave them their dinner. You grabbed your own slice, returning to the room and plopping down in between Jimin and Yoongi, both of which had left a space for you. Jimin grinned at you through a mouth full of pizza and Yoongi scooted an inch or so closer, trying to be discreet.

You switched on the tv, finally choosing Zootopia when prompted by everyone. You hadn't seen the movie in a while but you figured it would all be somewhat funny to the hybrids to see the walking and talking animals. You hadn't taken into account the premise of the movie, the fact that the predators ended up going 'savage' and attacking the population. The first hour or so was fine, the main character earning a few giggles from the youngest hybrids at being, "Just like you Kookie!". No, the problem arose when the jaguar, a close relative of the panther, Yoongi's breed, lost control.