Chapter Twelve - The Hunt

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off! They also offer free shipping!

"Hoseok! Hoseok, stop, look, everyone's gone!" You tugged on the man's arm, pulling him from his clothing-induced reverie. 

"Where did they go?" You could tell by the tone of his voice that he was worried.

"I don't know! Let's go, we gotta find them."

You raced around the store with Hoseok, each of you calling out various names as you looked around

"Y/N, no one's here!"

You swore under your breath, grasping his hand tighter and dragging him outside.

"Oh! Y/N, I can smell them! Jin and Taehyung, they're close!"

You urged him on, quickly making your way after him as he raced off with your hand in his. He ended up outside of the Gucci store and you swear you could hear your wallet cry as you stepped inside.

You immediately spotted Taehyung, arms full of clothes that were worth more than your car. Jin's hand was hooked into one of the belt loops on his jeans and he followed him around the store, helping him hold the clothes.

"And I wanna get this one, so that I can pair it with-"

"Taehyung! Seokjin! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Each man snapped around to face you, Taehyung's ears drooping down on his head as his tail tucked itself limply between his legs. Jin stepped in front of the pouting puppy, pulling him towards you as he advanced himself. 

"We're sorry Y/N, it's just, Tae wanted to look in this store, and we figured since it was so close to the first one that-"

"I told you to stay with the group! I don't know why the others left, but why didn't you stay?"

"I really wanted to look in here Y/N, please don't be mad." Taehyung nudged his chin onto Jin's shoulder, looking at you with misty eyes.

"Then you should have told me! You were give strict instructions not to separate from the group, you knew that you shouldn't have left." Jin reached out a hand, attempting to grab yours but you spun on your heel, stalking out of the store.

"Put the clothes back. We're finding the others. Let's go."

Hoseok scurried after you, leaving Jin and Taehyung standing in the middle of the store watching you two leave. Jin took the clothes from Taehyung, setting them aside on a clothing rack and grabbing his hand, leading him after you.

Taehyung's lip trembled, tears spilling down his cheeks. He didn't like the way that you had looked at them when you'd spoken to them, he didn't want you to ever look at him without smiling. A light sniffle from the dogboy alerted Jin to his emotions and he turned, holding his hands out for Taehyung. The younger launched himself at the panda, wrapping his legs around his waist. Jin stumbled back slightly at the weight of Taehyung, but rushed after you still. Taehyung wiggled his face into his elder's neck, breathing in his comforting scent as he was carried around the mall.

Hoseok led you to a hybrid clothing store next, pointing to the back of the store where a panther and a corgi stood, looking at the same oversized hoodie. The hood had ear holes cut out of the top, accommodating for any size ears. 

You stomped to the back of the store, stopping behind them, crossing your arms and huffing. They turned, hearing the soft sound and a strangled whine left Jimin as he took in your posture. 

"Yoongi, I told you we shouldn't have left! I told you!"

The older male looked at the floor in shame, tail curling and uncurling in anxiety behind him.

"I'm sorry.." His voice was gruff as he kept staring at the floor.

You huffed again, grabbing each of their wrists and pulling them behind you as you once again left the store. Jimin tried to wriggle his hand into yours but you smacked his hand away, lightly of course. You were mad, but you didn't want them to think that you were trying to hurt them. Yoongi barely had time to toss the sweatshirt aside as you pulled them out of the store and he stumbled trying to catch up. You let his wrist go, grabbing Hoseok's hand as he led you up an escalator. 

You immediately saw Namjoon and Jungkook, the latter crying into Namjoon's chest as the wolf hybrid frantically looked around for a directory.

"Jungkook, it's okay, we're not lost, don't worry. This mall isn't endless, we'll find them again." He rubbed his hand down the bunny's back but it didn't help, sobs still wracking the bunny's body.

You called out for Namjoon, raising a single eyebrow at him in a glare. He bit his cheek, whispering to Jungkook that you had found them instead. Jungkook's head popped up, ears perking as he raced towards you. You stopped him before he could collide with you, his ears drooping again as he sensed how angry you were. 

"Let's go. We're going to sit down somewhere, and you're going to tell me exactly why all of you thought it was such a great idea to do exactly what I begged you not to do."

You stormed off, finding a lounge area and plopping down on the couch. You buried your head in your hands, sighing as the hybrids caught up to you. You were squished from both sides, Taehyung curling up to your side and attempting to nudge his head into your neck. You felt the tears on his cheeks soak into your shirt but you pushed him away still, doing the same to Jungkook when he nearly sat on top of you. Jimin raced over, crawling right onto your lap despite your protests. You tried to push him off, gently of course, onto the floor beneath you but he clung to you, wrapping his arms and legs around you to prevent you from removing him.

:Jimin, get off."

He shook his head, whimpering and holding onto you tighter. You sighed, giving in and reluctantly letting him rest on your lap.

"I've already asked you two," You gestured to Jin and Taehyung, "But the rest of you. What the hell? I talked for almost ten minutes about the importance of staying together, and the second I turn my back you disappear. How am I supposed to trust you at all? Staying together is not that simple, I don't understand how you could misunderstand that."

"We're so sorry Y/N, we didn't do it to upset you. Jungkook was just excited because it was his first time in a mall, we just ran off, really, I'm so sorry." Namjoon's apology did little to soothe the anxiety in your chest that had flowed intensely when you couldn't find any of them.

"Do you know how scared I was?"

"We're sorry! We didn't mean to scare you, really, we're sorry."

"We're going back up to the first store, we're all holding each other's damn hands, and we're not separating until we get in the goddamn car. Don't even think about running away this time, I'm already pissed."