16. the final match

Start from the beginning

"Lyn, do you see that?" Harry questioned.

"I see Crookshanks and a dog," Rose said, trying to not sound shaky.

"That's not a dog. That's the grim!" Harry argued, his face even paler than usual.

"Harry, you're crazy. You need sleep for tomorrow," Rose replied, grabbing his elbow and guiding it away from the window as the two animals disappeared back into the forest.

"I know what I saw," Harry argued.

"The grim doesn't exist. Now go to sleep," Rose ordered.

"Fine," Harry mumbled, walking up to his room. Rose waited until she heard the door shut before running back over to the window to see if her dad was back, only to see nothing but darkness. She huffed and sat back down to study some more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was chaos. Everyone was talking about the match and increasing the headache Rose had acquired from staying up late. Rose barely noticed where she was going. She had almost sat down at the Slytherin table, barely stopped by Hermione, who yanked her arm so harshly Rose thought she would have bruises.

"Honestly! Lyn, you need to sleep," Hermione scolded as Rose accidentally fell asleep at the table. Rose just shrugged and grabbed another waffle to eat. Harry walked into the great hall to cheers from every table except for Slytherin. Harry tried to sit by Hermione and Lyn, but Wood grabbed him before he could. Lyn just rolled her eyes and spread more butter on her waffle. Harry got progressively paler as breakfast went on, almost shaking as he left the great hall.

"He's getting himself too worked up," Rose muttered.

"I agree," Hermione replied. "Come on. Everyone is leaving." Both girls stood up and followed the crowds. Everyone was screaming either 'GO GRYFFINDORS' or 'LIONS FOR THE CUP'. The Slytherins were mostly quiet as they were greatly outnumbered. Hermione let out a shriek so loud when the teams made their was onto the field that Rose had to cover her ears.

Lee Jordan introduced the teams, with boos coming from both sides. The captains shook hands and then the game began.

"Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle..." Lee yelled. Rose found listening to him way too confusing and instead just watched the players and the crowds. Rose saw Cedric a few rows down screaming his head off and waving a small Gryffindor flag. All of his friends seemed to be just as excited. "SHE SCORES! NONE-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee announced. Hermione shrieked and grabbed Rose's arm as Angelina was almost pushed off her broom.

"This game is so dumb! She could have been seriously hurt!" Rose told Hermione, a worried frown on her face. Her eyes were following Harry around the pitch, watching as he hovered and searched for the snitch. For some reason her eyes couldn't leave the boy for more than a few seconds.

"Oh, shut up!" Was the only response she got. A few moments later, Fred chucked his bat at the Slytherin captain, Flint, and both sides got penalty shots, which Gryffindor made and Slytherin lost. Lee continued to yell and Rose once again watched the crowd. Her godfather was there and he seemed to be just as bored as she was. He was sitting in the teachers booth next to Professor Mcgonagall, who was so worked up her face was almost as red as Ron's hair.

"Harry is doing so amazing!" Hermione shouted. Rose watched as Harry sped toward the Slytherins that were around Angelina, making them move and allowing Angelina to make a goal. Suddenly, Malfoy started to dive but Harry quickly overtook him, grabbing the snitch before Malfoy could even notice that Harry was next to him.

The whole Gryffindor team surrounded Harry as the crowds roared. Rose just stood there with her fingers in her ears and cringed as everyone screamed around them.

"We've got the Cup! We've got the Cup!" Was the only thing Rose could make out. Hermione was crying and Ron, a few seats away, was jumping up and down so much she thought he would make the stands cave in. Everyone started pouring down onto the field, even Hermione. No one seemed to have any dignity left.

"You don't seem to be enjoying this," A voice whispered into Rose's ear. Rose whipped around to see her godfather.

"Quidditch is dumb," Rose said with a shrug, looking back at the many people on the quidditch field. Harry was beaming brighter than Rose had ever seen him before, and Professor Mcgonagall was sobbing as she held the cup. The Slytherins were sulking into the castle, cursing at the Gryffindors at they passed.

Remus went to reply, but Harry was handed the cup, leading to the crowd to cheer even more and block his voice. 

"I myself was never a fan. Your father, however, was seeker on the team," Remus told the girl once the cheers had quieted some. Rose whipped around.

"Really?" Rose asked.

"Yep," Remus confirmed. "He would be very disappointed to know that you don't enjoy it."

"Well he can be disappointed then," Rose said with a shrug. Remus chuckled knowingly.

"Judging by the shake of his head, I think he is," Remus said with a slight smirk. Rose looked at him in confusion and Remus tilted his head toward the ground, motioning for Rose to look. Under the stands was her father in his dog form. Rose gasped and started to bend down before Remus grabbed her arm.

"Not here," He whispered. Rose looked down just to see her father running off.

"Lyn! We won!" Harry shouted from behind her and Rose realized why her dad had run off. Before either teen knew what was happening, Harry was wrapping Rose in a tight hug, spinning her around a few times. Rose laughed as Harry finally put her down, both their cheeks red.

"Congratulations!" Rose replied, trying to stop blushing.

"Thanks!" Harry replied, his eyes trained solely on Rose. Remus cleared his throat and Harry's eyes went wide as he finally looked at the professor. Harry blushed even more as Remus sent him a knowing look. "Hello, professor."

"Hello Harry. You played amazing," Remus complimented.

"Thank," Harry said. Remus held back a smirk at the awkward boy in front of him. He glanced at Rose and saw her pleading look, begging him to leave. Remus chucled lightly.

"Of course. I must go prepare for my next lesson. See you soon," Remus said as he walked down the stands, looking towards the forest in hopes to see his friend.

"I'm guessing you played amazingly. I don't really know," Rose joked once her godfather had left. Most of the crowd had left and it was almost silent.

"I like to think that I did," Harry replied. He was starting to regret hugging Rose, but the smile and small blush on her cheeks made him think that she didn't mind the embrace either.

"That's all that matters," Rose responded.

"You've never said anything more true. Now come on. We're having a party," Harry said and guided the two of them down the stands. Rose couldn't help but look towards the forest as well. Rose gasped as she saw her father standing right at the edge of the forest, mostly hidden in the shadows. He winked at her before turning into the familiar black dog, bounding off into the forest.

"What is it?" Harry asked, staring into the forest where Rose was looking.

"Nothing. Just thought I saw something" Rose partially lied. Harry looked convinced and didn't question it.

"So, are you going to come to all my games now and be my number one fan?" Harry asked.

"Oh, for sure," Rose said sarcastically. "And I'll make lots of money selling your merch."

"I get 20%," Harry said. Rose nodded and the two of them shared a handshake, bursting into laughter despite the fact that it wasn't that funny. But neither teenager could deny the butterflies in their stomach and the warm feeling they felt whenever they touched. And neither wanted the feeling to go away.