12

It's the final week of school. One week and I'm done. I can't wait. It's the class before lunch and I'm starving. I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday because I had to grade stuff and forgot to eat. And I overslept this morning so I missed breakfast. I still need to tell this class that I am not coming back next semester.
"Class this is my last week."
"What do you mean?" Taylor asked.
"It means I'm not coming back after winter break." this is going to be our first Christmas together. I should do something nice.
"Why?"
"Because I want to pursue a different career."
"But-" the bell cut him thank God.
"Bye guys. Enjoy the last week."
"Bye."

As soon as school let out I went to Chrisy's apartment. We are discussing plans for the break.
"I want to take them home."
"That is a terrible idea. Mum and dad could see them."
"I know but I want to take them to times square and watch the ball drop on new years."
"Why can't you go anywhere else and put on a TV to watch it?"
"Look. I'm going to New York. End of story. And I'm taking my girlfriend and her sister."
"Fine. Your stubborn ass always does what it wants. But are you going to be okay? It's been 4 years since you've been there."
"I'll be fine."
"Okay."

I got home at around 5.
"Hey babe. You home late."
"Yeah. I went by Chrisy's."
"Okay. Had fun?"
"Yes. So I was thinking of taking a trip for Christmas. I know I didn't give you the Thanksgiving you both deserved but I want to make it up to you for Christmas."
"Babe I told you, we understand. We are grateful we had you because that was the best Thanksgiving ever."
"I love you, you know that right?"
"I know. I love you too. So where we going?"
"New York City."
"I've never been."
"You are going to love it." I lean in to kiss her but I am interrupted by Bev clearing her throat.
"Hey Bev and your excellent timing."
"Hi. Please don't suck my sisters face when I'm around."
"Okay." I respond but Brooke has a different answer.
"Shut up prude. What do you want?"
"Be nice Brooke. She's your sister?" she rolls her eyes.
"I came to ask you if I could go out?"
"Sure. Just be safe and don't stay out late."
"Okay. Thank you so much. I love you." she loves me. Oh shit. She loves me.
"I mean... I'm sorry. I'll just go." she tries to leave but I'm fast so I catch her wrist and pull her into me. I wrap my arms around her.
"I love you too Bev." with one last hug she runs to her room and I'm left standing there with teary eyes.
"You are the best girlfriend ever Amy."
"Your sister loves me. And I love her and you. This is the closest I've had to family since I left home." she walks to me and hugs me. I rest my head on her chest.
"We are your family. You, me, Bev and Chrisy. We are family."
"I love you."
"I'd hope so. So I have something to tell you. But let's eat dinner okay?"
"Okay."

We cooked dinner together and Bev set the table before she left.
"So what you wanna talk about? Also this is really good."
"Thanks. It's two things actually. The first thing I need you not to be mad. Promise?" I nodded.
"I have a job. I'm a waitress. I've had the job since after Thanksgiving and I didn't want to tell you because I was scared you would get mad and I was afraid of what you would do if you were mad and I'm sorry for lying." wow. Okay. I wouldn't get mad at her. I should probably tell her that.
"It's fine babe. But I don't want you to have a job because you are a queen and you should not work. Also I would never hurt you. Emotionally, yes there will be times where we don't see eye to eye and one of us could get hurt. But physically, I would die if I ever laid a hand on you. Just know that okay?"
"Okay. The second thing. When we went to the beach house you said you'd tell me about your inheritance and all that. It's been a while and I'm curious. I'm sorry."
"No don't apologize. I did say that and if I don't tell you I would be lying. You have a right to know. Let's finish up and move to the couch."

We finsihed dinner and cleaned up.
I sat down and she cuddled into me.
"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want your view on me to change. So. Me, as in Amy Johnson, without the inheritance, own the two cars outside and an account from when I was working. It has about 100 thousand in it. I had an apartment but it was crappy so I moved in here. Now with the inheritance, I own this house. The beach house. My great grandfathers house in New York. A house in the mountains. A house in DC. A small hotel in New york and I have shares in the company. It's a shipping company but it also owns a few hotels along the east coast. Now my great grandparents were from London so there's the ancestoral house there and my grandparents moved from DC to Australia when they retired so that house as well. As for bank accounts and all that, I have 4 accounts. One is my own from 2 years ago. That's where my salary goes. One is a savings account from when I was born. 2 are from my grandparents. All the cars that my grandparents accumulated through the years are in a garage in DC. They lived there before they moved. That's all I think."
" That's alot of houses."
"Yeah. I rent it out sometimes. The house in New York is the house my grandfather grew up in. It's awesome. That's where we'll stay. My grandfather was the complete opposite of me. He flaunted his wealth. The hotel was built as a dare. His best friend dared him to do it so he did. And it was successful. He gave it to me."
"I want to visit all of them."
"I will take you."
"Let's go to bed."
We went to sleep and I was in her arms. I feel safe with her. I want forever with this woman.