D(ram)a(tic) D(eparture)

LEX LONDON almost tripped over the trio of boys as he sprinted out of the door, and they glared at him indignantly.

"Hey--" one of them began, before being interrupted by another.

"LEX!" Levi exclaimed, throwing his arms around the Keysmith and effectively rendering Lex motionless.

"Um... hey kid..." Lex answered, awkwardly patting Levi's side since his arms were trapped in Levi's hug, "it's nice to see you too, but um... maybe we should run first, and hug later, 'kay?"

Levi let go quickly, an embarrassed blush shooting up his cheeks.

"Right, of course, we've got to get you out of here," he nodded, "Damien, why don't you run up ahead and let the driver know we're coming? Luke, you can hold up the rear and make sure no-one follows us."

Both boys nodded, Damien sprinting off and Luke taking up position in front of the door, through which Lex could still hear Marshall faking low threats to Edith.

"Damien..." Lex repeated slowly, "as in Damien Westwood?"

"Apparently," Levi shrugged, "but is that really important now? I thought you had to get out of here?"

"Fair point," Lex shrugged back, and the duo started off down the passage.

They'd hardly turned the first corner when "Radioactive" started playing from Lex's pocket.

"Oh, that'll be the phone," Lex muttered, not slowing down as he took the phone out of his pocket.

"You still have your phone with you?" Levi frowned.

"Oh, no, this is actually Jeanette's," Lex smiled sheepishly, "I pickpocketed it off her earlier so she wouldn't be able to alert the whole base that I'd escaped."

"Really? Awesome!" Levi grinned, "Actually, I pickpocketed someone too."

"Levi! Stealing is bad!"

"But you did it--!" Levi protested, and Lex shook his head in disappointment.

"If I jumped off a cliff, would you d--?"

"Probably."

Lex sighed.

"This conversation is not over, but I really ought to answer this call first," he stated, before answering the ringing phone.

"Boss, we think Lex might've escaped."

"Um, no," Lex answered, switching the phone to his other hand, "he's in his cell, perfectly safe, no need to worry."

"Wait a second, you're not Ms Silvers--"

"Well, obviously not. Don't you recognize my voice?"

"Uh... no?" 

"It's London, Marshall London! I'm disappointed in you, Jim from IT."

"My name's not--"

"Never mind, just get back to your work."

"Why are you panting, sir?"

"Oh you know, just... working out. How else do you think I get so incredibly buff? Now, I really should return to my routine. Goodbye, mortal!"

With that Lex ended the call, sticking the phone back into his pocket.

"There's no way they bought that," Levi stated between muffled sniggers.

"Don't try to change the topic, kiddo," Lex stated sharply, "what was it you stole, and from whom?"

Levi rolled his eyes, but nonetheless took the stolen object out of his pockets.

"Wait, where on earth did you get your hands on a gun?" Lex exclaimed, snatching the weapon out of the teen's hands.

"I told you, I pickpocketed Magenta."

"You pickpocketed-- wow, we're gonna need to go deep undercover, kid."

"What? Why?"

"One does not simply steal from Magenta Redwood and get away with it."

"So then we give it back? What's the big deal?"

"I don't think you understand the basic concept of theft."

By this point they'd managed to reach the statue of Hercules Mulligan that was the secret tunnel out of the building. It was almost too easy, but Lex knew that that was only because of Jordan and Marshall's hard work at getting all the passages cleared. Francis was a mishap, but it'd be smooth sailing from here on.

"Okay, what if we give it to one of the security guards so they can give it back to Magenta?" Levi suggested, "then she'll think one of them stole it."

"You're overlooking the part where I'm on the run and walking up to security guards is the last thing I want to be doing right now."

"Then I'll  do it. Nobody'll suspect a fifteen-year old anyway."

"I--"

"It'll be fine, Lex," Levi replied dismissively, "you can wait in the car, I'll only be a moment. It's the red mini cooper."

He smiled a reassuring smile and was off faster than one could say 'community chest.'

Lex shook his head, clambering through the secret tunnel and appearing in the parking lot. He walked up to the only red car present, his thoughts still on Levi's rash actions. The car's door opened as he reached it and he got in without even really thinking about it, closing the door behind him.

"That kid needs... I don't even know what he needs," Lex muttered to himself, "he needs to take less risks, that's for sure."

"I presume you mean Levi? He needs a father, Lex," Madame replied, adjusting the rearview mirror nonchalantly, "and I think I know where he gets the risk-taking from, Mr Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card."

"Madame!" Lex exclaimed in surprise, "what are you doing here?"

"Giving you a lift home," Madame replied, "and keeping an eye on Westwood here."

She gestured to Damien, who was sitting in the front passenger seat.

"Ah, yes, Damien Westwood," Lex mused, "I apologize for any inconvenience Levi's butler may have caused you, he's a bit volatile sometimes."

"Butler?" Damien frowned.

"Did I say butler? I meant bodyguard," Lex smiled innocently, "anyway, you get the gist of it."

"You know, you actually sound a lot like him--"

"That's not important," Lex interrupted, perhaps a little too quickly, "I mean... it's just... never mind. Just... be nice to Levi, okay?"

Before Damien had time to answer, protest or agree, Levi himself jogged up to the car, opening the door and hopping in next to Lex.

"Right, are we ready to go?" Levi asked cheerfully, "I don't know how long we have until Mulligan snitches on us."

Lex chuckled, ruffling Levi's hair.

"You heard the kid, Madame," he smiled, "take us to Highcrest, please. It's time to go home."