Chapter 29 - The date

Picture of Mak's outfit for the date

-----------------------------------------------------

Okay, so today it was my date with Ashton. Yeeeey!! Note the sarcasm.

Mak I need to talk to you! Keoni shouted storming into my room.

What? Before you tell me anything. I am going on a date with Ashton. I said. I was scared he didn't knew and he would do something stupid like punch him of something like that, so it was better if he knew by me.

It was time! He shouted throwing his hands in the air.

What? Aren't you angry? I asked surprised. That was definitely not how an overprotective cousin should act.

I mean I should be but it was time he grew some balls. Keoni explained. I didn't understand what he had said but if anyone was getting hurt I was okay with it.

Okay? Can you ask him what do I have to wear? I didn't know if I had to wear something formal or not.

Yes, of course. He said while texting Ashton.

Wait, what did you need tell me? I asked remembering he had told me he needed to talk to me.

Oh nothing, it can wait. It is not that important. Keoni said and went out of the room.

After 5 minutes Keoni send me a text telling me that he had talked to Ashton and that I should wear something beautiful but comfortable. 

You would ask why does he sand me a text when we live in the same house, well, he was lying in the sofa and wasn't planning on moving, that simple.

I took a quick shower and put on a kind of dress-romper. I suck at explaining, but the point is that it was cool but comfy.

Maaaak! Are you ready? Ashton shouted from the living room.

Going! I shouted back.

I went down the stairs to meet with a very good looking Ashton checking me out.

You look beautiful Mak. He simply said when he stoped checking my body and looked into my eyes.

Thank you Ash, you don't look too bad yourself. I said relaxed. I didn't wanted to say something stupid like "wow Ashton, you look smoking hot today, I could make you 32 kids". That wouldn't be right, I would look like a thirsty bitch.

So where are we going Mr. Ashton? I asked him not knowing his surname. I mean for me it was always Ashton and nothing more.

You don't even know my surname Mrs.Silver? He asked pointing out he DID know MY surname.

No idea. I said sincerely.

Hunter, Ashton Hunter. 

Bad-ass. So where are we going Mr.Badass-Hunter? He simply laugh at my comment before answering. Was that comment that stupid? I mean Ashton Hunter sounds very bad-ass!!

You are a lost case Mak. We are going to the carnival! Ashton said excited.

Really? I didn't knew this place had one! I said surprised, I've been here for a while and never heard of a carnival or something similar.

Every year 5 days before school starts the carnival locates near the beach by the shore. He explained while grabbing my hand so that we would start to walk through the beach to the carnival.

I grabbed his hand back and we walked in silence, not a uncomfortable silence but a nice one. We just looked into each other eyes every once in a while and listen to the waves crashing next to us. It was beautiful.

When we arrived we play a couple of games and went into some rides. Then we decided to go into the ferris wheel. When we were up I decided to talk.

Thank you Ash. 

Why? He asked confused by my comment.

For showing me that I could still enjoy a moment with a boy who isn't Thomas. Life continues, and I can't stop living my life because of a boy. I told him while giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

When we were almost getting down he talked.

Thank you too Mak. Ashton said.

What for? I asked surprised at his comment. I hadn't done anything for him.

For showing me that love still existed. That you don't have to live all your life as a player, you can fall in love. I love you Makaha Silver, I really do. He said looking into my eyes. I am not sure if I listen well to what he had just said, I was still trying to recreate the scene.

Before I could even process what he had said he pulled both of my hands with his and crashed his lips onto mines, I was in shock for a few seconds until I realized what he had done. Although I was enjoying the kiss I pulled away.

This was wrong, it was wrong in many ways. I don't even knew he felt something for me.

Since when? I asked him confused.

Since when what? Ashton answered.

Since when do you think you love me? He let out a small laugh and answered my second question.

Mak, I don't think I love you, I know I do. The first day I saw you at the airport and you said I looked cute. Since then I knew you were different, you were special, and little by little I began falling for you. I can't believe you never realized. He cleared his throat and continued.

It hurt to see you in other boys arms and I am sorry for the kiss, but I needed to tell you this Makaha Silver. I love you! And I wish you feel something similar for me. He finished.

What the fuck do I answer? I loved Thomas, though Ashton had always been there for me. Maybe it was because he liked me, lets just said like because love is a strong word and I don't want to use it in a wrong way, that he was always there for me. Do I loved him? 

I mean I am sure I loved Thomas, but was I even going to see him again? What if I am keeping my hopes up and the truth is that he never come back and I lose the chance to be with a wonderful guy like Ashton.

My head was just spinning in such speed I couldn't even think.

Ashton was waiting for an answer. We had reach the end of the ride and I did the first think that came to my mind.

RUN.

Run away from my problems like that would help something.

I just ran until I got to the beach, I stopped in front of the surf store, where Thomas told me he was leaving. I just sit down there trying to think.

Ashton loved me.