Chapter 12

Gabriel

"Do you trust her?" Devin asked me as I shut the door. "She could be calling Rosie right now and letting her know where we are."

I glared at him, a grown emanating from my chest. "I shouldn't, but I do. I sense something in her. She is already so distrustful of her family. She isn't going to say anything."

Devin stared at me; his eyes weary. "I trust you till the end, sir."

He walked away and left me to my thoughts. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Dalatha behind me with a grin on her face. "Well, she is here sir. I told you it was going to happen."

"Hasn't anybody told you not to bug a wolf when he is in deep thought?" I questioned her.

"Your brother Alastair has told me multiple times, but I refuse to listen." She huffed, "You better be honest with her. I know you hate her family, but she didn't do anything. After talking to her she seems like she has no idea what is happening. She is your mate. You need to make it work."

I felt my anger rising. "Why is she my mate? Of all the women in the planet, she was chosen for me. What are you not telling me?"

Dalatha stepped back, a haunting look on her face. "A war is coming. You need her, as much as she needs you. You know I can't tell you the future. She is about to come out now. Be nice.

She turned around and left. She was around the corner as soon as I heard the click of the door.

"Well, I decided not to call my mother. Please just tell me what is going on." I heard the desperation in her voice. I grabbed her by the hand and led her back into the room.

I motioned toward the bed in the corner. She sat down and visions of her black hair fanned out on the bed while I claimed her went through my mind. I groaned. I could smell the want flowing through her. She wanted me as much as I wanted her.

She cleared her throat. "Umm, what is going on? I have seen you in my dreams. I have seen my family. Werewolves and fairies are real. I don't know what to believe. I just need to hear the truth from somebody. I need to know that I am not going crazy."

"I am the Alpha, leader of the Silverlake werewolf pack. I have 2 brothers. I am the youngest. Our father is the King of the werewolves in the Washington territories. We have roamed the world for centuries. Our father gave us each our own territories so we could thrive and start our own families. I was twenty when I first saw her. She was beautiful. I hadn't met mate yet, but I thought that I had when I saw her. I fell in love with your ancestor. Gwendolyn was everything to me. I risked everything for her. My pack's safety, everything. I thought she felt the same, but she betrayed me." She was breathing fast, and yet instead of fear, I sensed anger, but not towards me. She was angry at her family. "After they destroyed my home, I sought revenge, I would destroy her line. The fates are obviously against me since you are destined to be mine."

"Why didn't you tell your family and attack them? Wouldn't the werewolf king and his three sons be able to overthrow a village of humans?" Annabeth questioned me.

I laughed. "You really think that we didn't think of that as an option. Remember that pendant that your mother had. It makes it so we couldn't track you. It took them off the grid. We couldn't sense them at all. And then one day we could track your Grandmother. We had no idea that you had existed. And then I smelled you at the airport. Dalatha tells me there is a war coming and that I need you. You guys ruined me. I despise all of you and you are what I need."

She started to cry. "I am so sorry. I saw everything. I thought they were dreams. But they felt so real. I felt every emotion from you and the pain." Her grey eyes were haunting as she got up from the bed and walked towards me. I felt my heart stop.

Annabeth moved her hands to my face and slowly moved her thumbs, caressing my cheeks. My body seemed to get hotter and hotter with every touch. She was the enemy. I could kill her right now and this would all be over. Just the thought made my heart hurt. She had just come into my life that her family had destroyed and yet all I could think about was making her mine. "What are you doing?"

"I feel so connected to you." She looked up at me and licked her lips. I growled causing her to jump.

I grabbed her hands moving them from my face. "If you keep touching me like that, I won't be responsible for what I want to do with you."

She moved back towards the bed moving towards the middle of the bed. She looked up at me and I could feel the heat from her gaze. "Then do it. I haven't felt anything since I have moved here. I have been kept in the dark. I should hate you, and yet I can't stay away. I don't want to stay away. I want to hurt my family for what they have done to you. I am so confused with everything that is going on. I am supposed to be some savior, but I don't even know what I am supposed to save everybody from. All I know is that I need you, some strange werewolf man that I know nothing about. You are the only thing I am sure about."

"If we do this there is no going back." I stalked towards her. "You are mine."