Chapter 2

“Mom, are you okay?” My mother looked like she was about to faint. Her breath was coming out faster and faster. Her skin had a pale sheen to it and it was cool to the touch. She felt and looked like death. “Mom, please answer me. MOM, MOM.”

            “Annabeth, is that you honey?” I jerked around and saw my grandmother walking up to me. Her smile brightened up her entire face. I hadn’t seen her in years. She looked like she hadn’t aged in years. Her caramel brown hair was up in a bun and streaked with grey. Her eyes were still a vibrant blue. Whenever I would see her when I was younger it felt like her eyes were staring right into my very soul. I always wanted eyes like her and my mother. Mine were a cloudy grey that just reminded me of my father. My grandmother was a very tiny petite woman, but even for her old age she still looked like she could kick someone’s butt. She is where I got my height from. I was always the shortest during my school years, which was terrible when I tried getting into clubs. My grandmother gave me a hug and kiss, not realizing that her daughter was passed out cold in my arms. “Lorraine, what happened?”

            I stilled. I didn’t know what to say. Hey grandma, so I had a dream about this really handsome wolf and he killed a girl that looked just like me. Oh yeah, it was about red riding hood. I shook my head. I couldn’t say that. She would probably faint too and then I would have to deal with two unconscious women. There was already a group of people starting to form around us. They were crowding around my mother. “Can we just get out of here, grandma? She needs some air and all of these people are making it worse.”

            She stared right through me. It was like she was trying to figure me out, like she was trying to get me to just spit out what I was thinking. It really made me nervous. “Of course honey. Will you be able to carry your mother or will I need Wilbur to come help?”

            Wilbur was my grandmother’s friend from childhood. I never understood why she kept him around. I just assumed he was her secret lover and when my grandfather died they suddenly got together. My mother just laughed it off and told me that they had a bond that went beyond that. So, he went everywhere my grandmother went. Basically he was her slave. I looked around and saw him standing in the corner of the airport. He looked like he was on alert; as if at any moment some dangerous being would pop out and attack. He was tall and balding. Even with his old age, he still looked muscular and fit. He still had a couple more fighting years in him. His head turned and when my grandmother’s head tilted he came running over. “Wilbur, could you please carry Lorraine for me? She seems to be under the weather.”

            “Of course, Rosie.” He picked up my mother with such ease. I knew she was light, but the way he just swung her over his shoulders made me wonder how strong he really was.

            As we were walking my grandmother stopped me. “Annabeth, what really happened? I know your mother. She was never one to get sick from planes.”

            “Maybe you don’t really know her, grandmother. I mean do you really know everything that happened while you were here and we were in California.” I started to walk away and I felt her tiny hands pull my arm back.

             “You are so beautiful Annabeth. You actually remind me of my sister.” Her blue eyes bore into mine and she caressed my face with her palm. I started to see a wet sheen coat her eyes, tears. “I am sorry sweetie, no use bringing up the past. Anyways, you have to trust your mother. Everything she did was for your safety.”

            I jerked my face away. “Why doesn’t anybody trust me to know the truth? I am eighteen years old. I am old enough to know why we had to leave everything after some dumb wolf pendant was sold.”

            My grandmother’s fists started to clench and I looked up and saw something I thought I would never see from my grandmother. Her eyes radiated anger and it was gestured towards me. Everything was so confusing right now. Even when I mentioned that pendant to my mother, she got a little upset. Grandma Rosie got up and pulled my hand up with her. “Grab your bags, Annabeth. Everything will be explained later to you later, but please just stop. Your mother has been through a lot and she doesn’t need you reminding her of it all. I know you do not understand, but in time you will. Just be grateful that you do not need to deal with anything right now. I love you dearie and I am very happy that you are here with me. This is a time for you and your mother to start over. Live a life that should have been yours. Go to school and get a job and be happy. Come on, Wilbur is waiting.”

            I was stunned and I couldn’t move. My grandmother just scolded me. She has never told me off before. I know I was giving my mother a hard time, but I just didn’t understand. Nothing seemed to be making sense. We should have left when I was a baby and my mother started to be miserable. Right when my father started his whoring ways, we should have left. It didn’t make sense to me that my mother decided to stay with a disgusting greasy man-whore. She could have anybody in the world, but she decided to be miserable. Then she leaves over a pendant. How did that make any sense? I looked up and saw that my grandmother was walking away from me. I took a big breath and started to walk towards her. I grabbed my bag and in the process accidentally hit somebody with it. I heard a very gorgeous man yell a curse word rhyming with the word truck. I yelled sorry as I went running towards my grandmother. I felt him staring at me as I was running away. Great, the first day here and I already made one enemy.

Unknown

         Her scent was everything. That scent made me want to be a better person. She smelled like sunshine and good. She was everything that was complete opposite of me. Then when I heard her voice it was like the angels were singing for me, which was a first. It was beautiful. I couldn’t see her face, but I knew she was beautiful. Her body was tiny, but it seemed to curve in all the right places. Her hair fell down her back in black waves. I wanted to have her right then and there. She was lucky we were in a public place. For now, I will let her go. She is mine.

So here is the next chapter. Hopefully it is good. I really don't know what I am doing with this story, so I am pretty much just going with the flow aha. Comment, Vote, and just let me know what you guys all think of it. I am thinking of doing the next chapter in the Unkown person's point of view, but I don't know yet. Anyways, thank you for reading this. :)