Chapter 5

“Gabriel, Gabriel, wake up Gabriel.” A warm body pressed beside me, shaking my arm. This person must want to die. Everybody in my pack knows how I feel about sleep, especially after a long night of hunting. I opened my eyes to take a peek at who was beside me. It changes every night. I won’t be tied down. I already tried that once and it blew up in my face. Maybe because it was with a human and I will forever hate that race. “Gabriel, come on. I am hungry.”

            The blonde beside me pouted. She was annoying. I tried to summon the images into my mind of what had happened the previous night. Little images popped up of a blonde grinding against me, lots of shots, and a night of hot sex. It doesn’t take a lot to get me wasted, partly because I am one of the strongest werewolves alive. I must have gone to the legendary nightclub The Lycan Lair. It is exclusively for werewolves, no humans allowed, but of course there are moments when humans decide to trespass. Then when they cross my paths, I will kill them. I have no time for pesky humans who are just useless. Ever since Gwendolyn Annabeth Sinclair, I have hated them. Just thinking about her made me and my wolf angry. “You need to leave.”

            This unknown blonde pouted again. “Are you sure you want me to leave?”

            “I am fucking positive. Now get out, go to whatever hole you crawled out of.” She got up and the sheet she was holding onto slipped and I got a full frontal view of her chest. My mouth watered and I could feel my canines extending from my gums. My body was into the thought of showing her another good time, but my heart and wolf was saying something different. Ever since yesterday at the airport something has been off. I smelled her and I sensed her, this mystery girl that was supposed to complete me. Of course I have always known I would have a mate. All of us werewolves have one. Even though I am considered to be the biggest and baddest of them all I still get a happily ever after. For my whole life I have thought about my mate. I thought Gwendolyn was going to be my happily ever after. She was everything. I risked my pack’s existence just for her and it blew up in my face. That angel faced beauty was the devil inside. How was I to know that her family was hunting my kind? I fell right into her trap. Ever since then I have been cautious, slowly killing off her only descendants until suddenly I couldn’t sense them at all. “No, get out. I have business to attend to this morning.”

            “I have no clothes. You ripped mine apart last night, so I will just borrow this shirt.” She grabbed my shirt from the floor and put it over her messed up hair. She winked at me and left the room. When I heard the click of the door, I got up to go to the bathroom to get ready for the pack meeting that was scheduled. I look in the mirror and I know what everybody sees. They see a good looking guy that uses his fists instead of his words. They just see a creature that was made to kill. Nobody looks beyond that. My hair was still tousled and all over the place from my nightly romp. My eyes are ice blue. I find that when I stare directly at somebody they get speechless and intimidated. They say my stare can cut right through people and make them do whatever I want them to do. A beard covers my chin and my cheeks. I don’t even remember why I grew one. Maybe some girl found it attractive and I just decided to keep it. I find it very woodsy. The one feature on my face that stands out is a scar that reaches from my cheek to my chin. It angers me every single time I look at it. The fire inside me starts to burn thinking of the day it happened. The day a teenage girl got the best of me. Instead of dropping down my attractiveness it just intensifies it. Werewolves are naturally strong and we burn fat five times faster than a normal human being, so suffice it to say I have a fantastic body. I am lean, and yet I am muscular. My body isn’t too muscular where it looks like I could be the next Mr. Universe. With my shirt off, I could see the art that covers my skin. A phoenix of orange and red rising from its ashes covers my left arm. My right arm is covered with swirls of different colored blues and purples. Different styles of fonts go up and down the right side of my stomach and to top it off there is a wolf paw print on my heart. I give myself one last look and grab a plain black crew neck shirt that I find lying around.