- C H A P T E R ** S E V E N -

Start from the beginning

Along the way, one brown-haired guy asks me if I'm going to throw my food away, to which I guiltily nod. Food is still clean and I haven't eaten much, so I ask if he likes to have it I nod and give my food to him, then I make my way towards my next class.

As soon as the class is over, to which I almost died from boredness, I hastily put my things in my bag and get out of the classroom. Dylan pops out on my side.

"Where you going?" he asks me as he zips his bag and slings it over his shoulder.

"I'm going home,"

"Do you want to hangout? We could go play on my PS4," he tells me, grinning.

"What are we playing?"

"Tekken. I could teach you how."

Tekken. I grew up playing that game. When I was a kid, I used to go to the arcade shops to play Tekken or Street Fighter with my friends The famous arcade shop was just a few streets away from my house, and in that shop is where I met my best friend. Mom always gave me money so I could play after school, or if my assignments were done. I met a lot of friends ever since I started playing those arcade games, but the one who really stuck is Max.

Max and I really liked playing those arcade games, especially Tekken. When we played, we were always playing versus mode. Nonetheless, I kept beating him and I liked to rub it on his face. It was fun seeing him frustrated, and now, I'd do anything just to see it again.

"Did someone say Tekken?" a guy asks out of nowhere, along with Isaiah.

"Yeah, yeah, Kyle." Dylan says exasperatedly. "Wanna join? Leave him, though."

"Um," Kyle says as he looks at Isaiah. "I'd like him to go with us, please."

Dylan rolls his eyes but nods nonetheless. He motions for us to follow him. Dylan points his car on the far right corner parking slot of the school, mounting that I can get it in there. His car is actually an old version of Toyota Vios, but it looks cool and shiny. I still can't get over the fact that they're now allowed to drive when they reach age 16.

When I get in the car, Dylan turns on the radio and Shawn Mendez's voice fills the car, blaring through the speakers. Though I'm not familiar with the song, I know the tune since Max listens to the same thing. I never really like it, but I don't hate it, so I never bother to search.

A few minutes later, we arrive at Dylan's house. It's a two-storey house with a small garden in front, full of blooming flowers - ranging from yellow to red and blue. It also has small vines growing on the white fence they have setup. It's quite nice to look at. Moments later, another car that I recognize arrives. Isaiah and Kyle climb out of the car.

"C'mon in," Dylan announces.

I follow him, ignoring the two people bickering behind me. To be honest, I'm surprised Dylan let Isaiah come, considering they both hate each other. I send my mom a quick text, telling him that I'll go play with Dylan along with Isaiah and his friend, and I receive a reply from her telling me to take care of myself.

When we get inside the room, the smell of bacon wafts through the room and my stomach immediately grumbles. Dylan places his bag on the couch and I take the time to inspect his house. His house is not that big, but it's tidy and nice. There's just this home-y feeling here. Their TV is turned on, but the volume is too low to even hear it, but the show is about cooking. The floor is carpeted, and it's cute because it has a face of a tiger sewn on it. Not a real tiger though, because that would be really terrifying.

There are two couches facing the TV. Beside the couches, there are tables and picture frames are lined up on it. The living room is not that big, but it's not that small either. Just the right size for a small family. On the carpet, there's a bunch of legos scattered around, and I think that's deadly. If you step on it, you'll curse the manufacturer.