- C H A P T E R ** S E V E N -

Start from the beginning

Okay, so I didn't realize that even though I was studying at a private school, there was not going to be any consequences. But when I got home, I found out that the teachers I skipped classes on called my mom and told me if I really was absent. My mom literally looked at me from head to toe, checking out to see if I really was wearing my school uniform. Then all hell broke loose. She asked where I had been, why I cut classes, who were the people I was with, and why I decided to do that. Then she threw the "money card" on me where she told me it was hard to earn money these days, and that I wasn't taking seriously where her money had gone to just for me to have a better future and damn, I was really guilty at that time. So that day, it was my first and last of cutting classes. Never again.

"So about Saturday..." Dylan begins but I beat him to it.

"My mom has already agreed, and she wants your number." I tell him, grinning from ear to ear. He laughs in amusement, shakes his head, pulls his phone out of his pocket, then gives it to me unlocked. I save my number, then I give it back. "So expect her to call you once I gave your number to him. She'd literally bug us out throughout the whole trip, and I hope you don't mind."

"I really don't." He smiles. "My mom would probably do the same. Sometimes, when I'm travelling, my cell's always out of reach and she's pissed with that. So now that I have a companion, she'd bug you, too."

"That's fine by me," I laugh. Mothers are really crazy when it comes to protecting their babies, or children.

The whole cafeteria stops chattering. I suddenly get confused when I see Dylan's jaw clenching, his expression tight. I look beside me and see my step-brother standing beside me, tray in both hands. Isaiah takes a seat beside me, ignoring Dylan's deathly glare. Isaiah pretends Dylan doesn't exist by saying hi to me, and munching on his burger. Seriously, these fit guys have it good. I probably look awkward right now, but I really have no idea on what to do.

Both guys, who are sworn enemies, are sitting on each of my side. The atmosphere suddenly becomes suffocating for me yet I continue to eat. Dylan is still tensed and he probably wants to punch the living day out Isaiah, but Isaiah on the other hand remains oblivious.

"Why are you sitting here?" Dylan finally asks him through gritted teeth. "Don't you have friends to sit with?" He nods his head to his group.

I take a quick look and see Isaiah's group, the basketball team, staring at us with a raised brow. He probably went here directly instead of going there to his friends. I look down as I'm not used to the attention I'm receiving.

"Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" Isaiah counters with a raised brow.

I stare at Dylan, waiting for his answer. "He is my friend, and my other friends understand that I don't have to share seats with them everyday. From the looks of it, it seems you didn't even bother to say hi to your friends. So why don't you go there and stay there, yeah?"

"Can you both shut up?" I grumble, losing appetite all of a sudden.

"Look, Isaiah. Just go somewhere else but here." Dylan grits out.

"How about you go away and leave us alone?"

Not wanting to be part of this, I stand up and walk away, bringin away my food tray with me. Seriously if they're going to be just like kids in front of me, then I sure as hell won't be responsible adult to stop them. Why can't they just get along for a day without trying to kill each other? That'd be real nice. But as soon as I think of it, I know that thought is never going to happen. It's ludicrous.

I turn my back and see the two following me, but they aren't talking to each other. But they keep sending deathly glares. I sigh, shaking my head. These two, I think, are never going to leave me anytime soon. Still ignoring them both, I move forward.