Phase 8: We Are Getting Robbed By Aquatic Rodents

I don't know what Matthew knew about this stranger who went berserk because of books, but since he's a prophet, I bet he knows stuff that I don't.

"Ok prophet," I said. "What's the idea or plan you have there and do you think its a good idea to leave Yuzuriha back there? I don't trust that Yasuo gal."

It's true thou. Even I have an understanding of books and stuff earlier, I still can't bring myself to trust her with our wounded friend. 

"Yuzuriha will be fine," Matthew said. "She is a tough girl, and you have seen how fast she can sweep that katana of hers."

True that, but still I can't shake the feeling of being anxious about stuff. My mind is full of negativity, yet here I am becoming a protagonist of an arcane world I don't even know about. My death scene is also troubling until this day if we remember from Genesis.

"Troubled lad?"

I broke on my flashing trance and look to the one who asked the question. Matthew looked at me worried and concern. The prophet is indeed a big brother figure in this party, then there's the big sis Yuzuriha. 

"It's nothing, just remembering something."

Matthew looked query and probably going to ask a question but soon dropped it. And continued his path towards where he's planning to go.

"The plan is going to the Mushroom Village," Matthew said. "There is someone who has a knowledge to where the specific item we need to track that berserk stranger."

"Who?"

Before Matthew could answer, the bush abruptly shakes violently. The shadows shot towards the sky and landed in front of us were 6 beavers dressed in armor.

"Stahp right there!" The beaver in the middle said, probably the leader. "We are the greatest bandit in the Kukulham Forest, and we're robbing you!"

By the way, we are currently walking on Kukulham Forest. We just didn't know earlier. But seriously, these beavers are so small and cute what can they do to us tall humans. We just ignored them, and walk past through them like they're harmless or just a walking bush.

"Ok," Matthew began. "As I was saying the one who holds knowledge about the thing I was saying earlier is-"

Matthew was cut short when the 6 beavers appeared on the front again. What's different this time is their armed with swords, battle-axes, and a spear. The one on the far left however doesn't hold a weapon but rather put his hands on his hips -asserting dominance I think?- and occasionally crosses his arms -I believe that is asserting dominance. 

"Um, Matthew, I think we are getting robbed by beavers," I said. 

"And armed as well," Matthew said. "Dear bandits, we are not trespassing your lair but just innocently walking through. We don't mean any harm."

The beaver threw one of the spears they have on Matthew and it nearly scraped his neck. Good thing it was a miss though.

"That is a warning shot," said a beaver.

"That could've killed me!" Matthew retorted.

"Doesn't matter old man," said the leader. "Just give us all your things and oh, -points at my sword Chunchunmaru- that two-colored sword over your back as well."

"Did he just called me old?" Matthew asked.

"Well aren't you?" I answered.

The Beaver Bandit seems to be impatient and briskly stomping their beaver feet. 

"Stop it both of you," Leader beaver said while pointing their weapons on us. "Now give us what we want or prepare to die?"

"How can you prepare death?" Matthew asked.

The beavers are now closing in with their pointy weapons on us. They're kinda cute when approaching with their little beaver feet. I just hold in my laugh before it went worst.

"So," I said. "If you're going to rob us or kill us, can we please know all your names?"

The beavers considered this and lowered their weapons. 

"We don't have to tell our names," other beaver said. " Because it doesn't matter when you're dead!"

"Hey, but someone has to know," I said.

"Silence!" Leader Beaver said. "Then let me start... Ahem... I'm Beaver Leader A."

"Beaver Bandit B," said the other and so on.

"C,"

"D"

"E"

"Daniel," Said the beaver on the far left with the asserted dominance posture."

Matthew turned around and cracked a laugh while trying his best to stop. However, I'm confused. Their names are Beaver A, B, C, D, E, and the other "dominant" beaver is Daniel?

"The other one has a name?" I asked.

"Umm... He likes to call himself that," Beaver A said. "Anyhow, prepare yourselves!"

That's how it is gonna be guess we have to fight now. I grab the hilt of my sword in my back and in a slow manner pulled it like an epic anime protagonist on the battlefield. Matthew however still doesn't know what's happening since his laugh tries to choke him to death.

"Attack!!!!" Bellowed Beaver Leader A.

And in response, I charged at them with the scream on my own. You know what they say screaming makes you stronger. The beavers are not that threatening to be honest. The leader just charged with his sword thrusting forward when my face was on top. They're targeting my legs, probably they can't reach where my face is.

So, to end the battle I just kicked them one by one and slam the flat blade of my sword on their heads which knocked them out cold. Matthew finished his laugh and turned around.

"Okay, what... What happened?" Matthew asked.

"Oh sorry, I just did an oopsie and accidentally knocked them out."

"That's not surprising, they're not that of a threat really."

Which almost killed you earlier.

"Anyway," I said. "Let's get going to Mushroom Village shall we?"

Matthew strode leisurely avoiding the sprawling bodies of the unconscious beavers. He then leads the way towards the Mushroom Village but before that, he healed the beavers bruised head and comatose state with his force of nature powers using his staff. 

"Well, they will come around in a minute," Matthew said. "Now let us trek towards your fate!"

Oh boy, I didn't like the sound of that.