Genesis

You have been forcefully chosen to participate in this farce. Y/n-first name L/n- last name, Point of view; 2nd person. Thousand Words.

Being transported seems kind of bullshit, one second you're reading a novel in your spare time and everything around you went glittery and poof! What's worse is you're currently in the middle of an evening desert with no signs of life, only the voice of a brisk wind. Panic and anxiety didn't seep in you thou since the real world is dark but this is better than to die in the world you hate, now you agree right?

"It seems you've wandered to a wrong desert"

"Whose there?" You turned your head to where the voice comes from, but the voice came out of nowhere and near at the same time. "Show you're yourself, I don't have time for silly games."

The voice sounded intrigued and expressive like the sound of a persuasive politician or religious leader.

"Forgive me rudeness, Y/n, but I believe you're here for a reason," said the voice and the sands swirl in front of you and slowly formed a masked man. "You are here to be my paragon."

This farce is much worse than you have expected. The masked dude came out of nowhere then claims that you're his paragon. What paragon you may ask? Model? A perfect example of what?

 "Um, a paragon? I'm not a model you seek sir," you said. "I'm just a loser who reads novels and skip class or what you may call a bookworm. How can you call me a paragon with that quality."

"That quality is your key for being here, Y/n."

"What?"

The winds in the nightly desert shifted and this masked man had become even more suspicious as the conversation went on. The dark hooded robe is one thing and that orange mask, sometimes you find opportunities to see under the moonlit sky that inside that one eye hole is red. But you cast aside believing it might be a light trick or something.

"You are a model that I seek and frankly I choose you because you are suited for this mission." The masked man said, "You will create this story on your own and choose sides from 2 factions... Serenity or Anxiety. You will build up a connection with other characters like the novels you read, develop with them, adapt with them and create an unbreakable bond that no threat can crush."

This has got your full attention as being a bookworm, an Isekai journey doesn't hurt at all. However, as the masked man saw your grinning face of enthusiasm he added.

"The mission I bestowed upon you is the same as in real life. There are hardships, conflicts, and threats that will ruin your life in this world, and I have faith that you can overcome them. Of course, you are not alone."

You put your hands in your pocket and gaze up at the open sky full of stars, wondering about your future.

Still gazing up the sky you ask a question without taking a glance at the masked man.

"What if I refuse?" It is the only question you can ask.

"Well, I'm afraid I shall send you back to the underworld," the masked man replied with a deadpan expression.

"Wait, why? I didn't die, right? I just read a novel not to long ago," you said as you recall a memory not too long ago. 

"Sorry, but you died in an unusual way," 

Somehow it doesn't make sense and it's all complicated. How did you die? Well, the masked man has answers.

"Surely you know the cliche of newly death souls don't remember they're actual death is it?"

"Um, no,"

"Y/n, you died from your own birthday party."

The wind has grown wild for a moment and a tumbleweed innocently passed by. The moonlit stars still shiny and sparkly but the event underneath is awkward in some way.

"What!!!"

The masked man saved you from more questions and gets to the point.

"How you die is when you are sitting on your birthday chair, I believed, and you get smothered by gifts of cloaks and T-shirts showered to you by your family and friends which results in you dying of suffocation."

Silence on the widely desert and not even a wind broke it but a banshee screech did, and it came from a person who shouted.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!"

**********

Hours passed.

After telling the masked man your decision to stay in this world and build your bullshit life. You chose serenity to capture the hearts of a heroine or whatsoever that is rather than a heroic death for a people you don't even know. 

But hey, that is what you want right?

Treading forward for almost half and an hour, you began thinking about your life's decision of choosing this path rather than the underworld.

"Screw it, this is bullshit. How am I supposed to find a way out of this hellish desert?" you self asked and added a mimicked voice of the masked man like a buffoon. "Go north, Y/n and follow your heart's content. Pfft, seriously I should add don't trust a masked stranger on my list."

Splat!

You fell face first on the soft sand, somehow slipped from a smooth sandstone belonging to a collapsed castle beneath you.

"Aw, what the heck," you said and observed the weird shape fixed on the sandstone. "It must be a clue or an ancient symbol? Hmm, I think it's a hidden alphabet."

For some strange reason, a voice rang inside your head or from nowhere. It sounded like the voice of a foghorn.

"You nerd, it's an arrow directing you to your direction." said the gigantic voice inside your head or nowhere.

"Oh."

Treading forward to the direction from a sandstone and a giant's voice. You made through a bunch of tumbleweed stampede but you survived somehow and through a river of crocodiles using a bridge. It made you more heroic than you realize going through these hellish trials and finally, you found your way. 

Take a glance at the garden full of hedges and blooming wild roses.

*************

Memo
Please leave your thoughts, share them since I am open to criticisms. What do you think of the story?