Phase 1: Oh Hey, It's My Waifu

The sun rose from the east and the horizon was a skirmish of colors of dark and light. Trying poetic much doesn't change the current state you're in.

Goggling at the entrance of the Garden full of hedges and wild roses.

"Hmm... It's morning already, I wonder if the timezone in this world is different from ours. Then again maybe I came into this world at 3 or 4 am at least. But none of that matters since I'm here so I'll go in check."

You move through a doorless gate enclose by a hedge. You wandered through and found different pathways of hedge full of blooming roses. The scent is sweet and somehow mixed with peppermint that is alluring in any direction.

"Okay, which tunnel shall I go?" 

After lots of critical thinking. You chose the cliche path, the first one on your left, as they say, men are always left... for some reason.

You tread onwards on that path and it is the only moment you realize that you're in a maze. 

"A maze of hedges and roses. Unbelievably beautiful. I wonder if I did chose the correct path but meh, guess moving forward is the only option around here."

Shoving tree branches out of the way and getting through different tangled vines. You stroll around and sometimes pause just to enjoy the view of the wild roses. Roses so red that the sun's light colors the atmosphere of fragrance and peace. But your goggling was interrupted when you glanced at the hedge that looked like it was recklessly cut unlike the others are well-trimmed.

"I think someone's there, I'd better go there."

A well choice my friend.

You hastily ran towards moving bushes and hedges believing to be the owner of this garden or someone who knows. As you come nearer to the unknown silhouette, you meekly asked a question.

"Excuse me do you know where's the exit in this maze?"

Abruptly the stranger turned and hit her head with yours and you both fell into the ground.

"Aw!," soft-spoken female's voice yelped. 

You groaned and tried to look up who she was but then a panic kinda runs through your system since she has a 7-foot tall katana on her side. Is she a samurai in these lands? But she's cute thou, then again in anime cute girls with katana are always dangerous.

The woman has magenta eyes and hair tied into a ponytail, with clothes looked like from a modern timeline with crop tops and skinny pants and all so you guess she is the same from your world but the katana isn't convincing.

"Sorry young lad didn't see ya there." said the magenta haired girl.

The magenta haired girl stood up and gave you a hand, but instead of accepting it quickly, you fixed your eyes on her for four... five... six full seconds after snapping back to earth when she flicks her fingers at you.

"Aw, sorry," you said, accepting her hand and got up. "I... uh, don't mean to interrupt you or anything but I guess I'll go for now,"  

You sprint on the other way, away from the magenta haired girl, however, she was too quick and obscured your path in a quick flash.

"Hold on there, I'm pretty sure you ask a question back there but I kinda didn't hear what you say so, please ask away!" She said cheerfull which gave an aura of anxiety. She for some reason knows what's on your mind. "Come on, don't be scared I don't bite. Ask big sis. what's on your mind."

You stood there frozen thinking what to do especially you don't know how to fight, Well technically you don't know what's going on as pores of sweat trickled down from your forehead. 

The magenta haired girl, however, had a grin on her face and slightly lean forward revealing her rack and her hand on her hip giving a rose petal color on your cheeks and quickly look away before anything happens. She chuckled at the sight of an embarrassed young man tempted to look.

"I know those eyes before kid something is eating there so it's better to tell what's up y'know sharing and stuff," she said joyfully "Oh, maybe you want introduction first? Yeah, okay, I'm Yuzuriha and this is my sword Ayame nice to meet ya."

She extended her hand for a handshake and you shook it sheepishly with your cheeks still glowing red.

"I-I... I'm Y/n L/n and I am k...ki-kinda lost so I...I would like some... help?" You stammered and felt even more embarrassed but kept your gaze at the heavens on who knows where. 

Yuzuriha had a look in her eyes, something you can't say or explain and questions after questions swirl inside your mind like what's with that look? Is she going to kill me? I knew cute girls with a sword can't be trusted. Then she pounced.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah." You squealed as Yuzuriha straight away embraced you and your cheeks went from red to crimson.

"Aww~~ Don't worry Big sis. is here to help you," Yuzuriha said still clutching on to you and take a look at your reddish face. "Look at you your red as a tomato, how cute."

"Woaaaaaaaaah T....T...Too close, w... way too close,"  you stammered and looked away.

Yuzuriha giggled and release her clutches. Then she grabbed your arm and pulled you in the other direction.

"H...hey, where are you dragging me?"

"Come on I've been that way so of course, we're going this way."

You and Yuzuriha have been walking for a while now and you are getting used to her dragging you along to the other path. The path you guys been taking looked grim with dying roses and slashed hedges. The only thing that keeps you from running away is Yuzuriha's humming a melody and her iron grip.

For some reason, she stopped.

"I sense something lurking there." She said pointing to a concave hedge. "Y/n stay behind me."

This time instead of her jolly voice, she said those words seriously with a stern look in her eyes and as she suspects the rustling sounds came from that caved hedge. In an instant, it shadows leaped from darkness and little did you know, it leaped towards you guys.