Phase 5: Cuddling Reunion

You ran faster than before and the sky was dark. It was night time already.

After a wicked battle with the Tikbalangs. You hastily sprinted towards to who knows what path of a maze you were, just to find the way back to Yuzuriha.

Matthew sent out an ethereal owl earlier to scout where Yuzuriha is and currently, you are following the owl's windy trail.

It took about 5 minutes and anxiety swirled inside your mind. Please, she'll be okay, she'll be okay, she'll be okay.

As you've arrived. You noticed the concave hedge and splatters of blood scattered everywhere. There is one familiar aspect lying on the cold terrain under the moonlit sky was...

"Yuzuriha!!"

You sprinted but exhaustion caught up to you and you slipped. That doesn't stop you and you kept crawling until you've reached her.

As you draw nearer to Yuzuriha, you catch sight of her wounds. A gash on her abdomen with leaks of blood on it, shoulders are heavily bruised; lips were scratched, and lots of wound cuts on her legs and right arm.

"Yuzuriha!! I'm sorry!!" You wept and reached your hands over her, pulling her to your embrace, "It's because I was too late. Because I was weak... I can't... I can't..."

It was painful for you to watch, and you slowly lay your hand on her stomach's gashed wound. 

"Aww!" Yuzuriha yelped, "M-my... wounds... aren't healed... yet."

Relief washed over you and your eyes even glittered with tears. The anxiety washed away and you're glad that she was alive. You tightly embraced her and cried... a lot.

"Yuzuriha, I'm glad you're alive!" You exclaimed over 6 times.

Yuzuriha lightly rubs your back, ensuring you that she's alright.

"Of course I am. You doubting your big sis' strength? That is so unlikely of you." Yuzuriha said, her voice sounded frail. "It took me hours to make him back down and it's annoying. I'm glad you're safe though, it makes me proud of myself of being your big sister."

You sat up and fixed your gaze at her. You can't help but smile at the sight of a smiling and cheerful Yuzuriha.

"Your smile is your special quirk, Yuz-. No, big sis," You smiled. "I wish I had healing powers though."

A rustling sound came to a hedge that seems to be trembling and the volume increases for every shake. You stood up on guard and alarmed. Yuzuriha tried to stand but due to her injuries, she can't. 

"Damn it." Yuzuriha cursed. "Y/n... you shou-"

"No!" You interject. "Not today and never again. Big sis, I will protect you."

Yuzuriha's eyes widened and she smiled. She lightly chuckled at the sight of you with a mysterious sword in your hand.

"I don't know what happened to you," said Yuzuriha, "but I see you've changed a lot in the past few hours. I don't get it though."

As the shadow stepped out you charged with a girlish battle cry. However, as the figure's appearance was lit under the moonlit sky, it was Matthew.

"Good grief," said Matthew, "put that sword away, young man. You can only use it to destroy the demons not join them."

You slowly lowered your sword and sheepishly apologized to Obi-wan(Memo: Star Wars reference).

You knelt and begged Matthew to heal Yuzuriha, and Matthew said "Stand up, Y/n, I'm no god so kneeling is not necessary. Plus I want to help people so it's no big of a deal."

Matthew stood over Yuzuriha and moved his staff above her in slow circular motion. The staff showered Yuzuriha with gold glitters and healed her wounds.

Yuzuriha recovered and stood up, but squinted and clutched her midsection. You looked worried and grabbed her shoulders to support her.

"Forgive me, I lost a lot of energy back there. I can only heal your body slightly." Matthew said.

"That's okay," Yuzuriha said wincing, "I'm glad I can stand now. It's boring anyway to lie there forever."

Yuzuriha then pulled you to her embrace and whispered into your ear.

"So~~ can you tell a tale of what happened?" 

"Well..."

You told Yuzuriha everything. About the Tikbalangs and the Chunchunmaru.

"Oh, you're like King Arthur now?" Yuzuriha inquired, "You're going to be King somewhere?"

"I don't think that's the case, big sis." 

"Of course not," Yuzuriha instantly bearhugged you, "Doing this for your big sister. You remind me of someone I know back then. But, you are braver than anyone I knew."

You blushed hard and Matthew interrupts the awkward reunion.

"Forgive me for interrupting the uh... lovely reunion but I need to tell you guys something."